Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting for loop with internal unix command in statement throwing error Post 302667593 by jdilts on Friday 6th of July 2012 01:28:03 PM
Old 07-06-2012
Yeah, that was my problem. I did a dos2unix and that fixed it right up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop statement - catch error

I'm having a question about for loops. (bash) I have the following for example: for file in `ls *.txt` do read file ... done Now when there is a file present there is no problem, now when there is no file present I get the following output in my standard mail box : "No such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lumdev
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote login/copy command throwing an error

Hi We had 3 server -hp112and hp146 here hp112 is production server and hp146 is staging server used for load. when i am trying to run follwing command rcp abc hp112:/dnbusr1/gbid/gbid02 it's trowing an error :- remshd: Login incorrect. But same command is working wise versa - rcp abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_panpalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert unix command into Awk statement

Hi all, How can i use the below unix command in AWK . Can any one please suggest me how i can use. sed -e "s/which first.sh/which \$0/g" $shell > $shell.sal where $0=current program name(say current.sh) $shell=second.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcefully throwing error : unix script

how can i make one script fail if some condition is not satisfied.i m writing if ..else logic in script.i need some standard command to do that ,, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop throwing an error

Hi Guys, I am trying a simple for loop which is throwing an error. Below is my code: #/bin/sh set -A array "are" "you" "there"; for ( i = 0 ; i < ${#array} ; i++ ) do echo ${array} done I am getting this error tci001wasd02 $ sh -vx array_for.sh #/bin/sh set -A array "are"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error

How to use Mailx command in unix shell script, its throwing below error #!/bin/ksh let x=3 If ; then mailx -s “ $x is greater than 2” example@gmail.com << EOF This is the message body EOF fi its throwing error as syntax error at EOF... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] FOR loop / IF statement returning error

The code at the bottom is a simplified example of what we have. If I use the following: && echo "echo failed" $? returns 1 When I use if ; then echo "echo failed" ; fi $? returns 0 Does anyone know what's wrong with this? Using AIX 6.1 and KSH for NUM in 1 2 3 do ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfxdavies
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command throwing error while deleting a line from a file

Hi all, I ahve a program which has to delete a line in a file... if i run the sed command through shell prompt it works fine. But if run it using code its throwing error. May i know where i am doing wrong. the file has 3 lines # cat /root/.ssh/known_hosts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop throwing error

Hello Gurus, I am writing one script at linux. The logic is There is a find command which will find some specific files daily and store at a variable Then echo that variable . Now when I am trying to read the variable by using for loop it is throwing error as below:cat: CKDT.dat: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl statement throwing extra statements

Hi all, I am running a curl statement in my script to extract some information form a remote server. My curl statement is : curl --socks5 142.133.134.164:1082 'http://11.229.52.71:8011/WebApp/common/version' This gives me an output of : $ curl --socks5 142.133.134.164:1082... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD