Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming which binary dumped core dump? Post 302667111 by methyl on Thursday 5th of July 2012 03:54:59 PM
Old 07-05-2012
Try the unix file command on each file.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dumped

what is segmentation core dumped? how should i respond? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All, I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home) And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

5. Programming

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately. I would appreciate if necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayuz
0 Replies

7. Solaris

segmentation fault core dumped

i am getting segmentation fault (core dumped) i tried following things but couldn't understand what is wrong with my prog and where the problem is.... i have only adb debugger available on solaris.... so plz help bash-3.00$ pstack core core 'core' of 765: ./mod_generalised_tapinread... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

(core dumped) | gjar

hello, when i make gcc 4.4.2 i get this message find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class' -print | \ gjar -cfM@ $here/libgcj-4.4.2.jar /bin/sh: line 2: 32730 Done find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleppos
2 Replies

9. Programming

C: Memory Fault (core dumped)

When I run programm show this message: Memory Fault (core dumped) Does anyone can help me and tell me what is wrong? please #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <process.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebasse2
3 Replies

10. Programming

How to know which binary generated obtained core dump?

Hello, Suppose there are large number of binaries are executing on a system. Meanwhile, we find a dump, now how can we know from core dump that which binary file it is related to? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:53 PM ---------- I have got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies
GCORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore -- get core images of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-f] [-s] [-c core] [executable] pid DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of the specified process, suitable for use with gdb(1). By default, the core is written to the file ``core.<pid>''. The process identifier, pid, must be given on the command line. The following options are available: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of ``core.<pid>''. -f Dumps all available segments, excluding only malformed and undumpable segments. Unlike the default invocation, this flag dumps map- pings of devices which may invalidate the state of device transactions or trigger other unexpected behavior. As a result, this flag should only be used when the behavior of the application and any devices it has mapped is fully understood and any side effects can be controlled or tolerated. -s Stop the process while gathering the core image, and resume it when done. This guarantees that the resulting core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. The same effect can be achieved manually with kill(1). FILES
core.<pid> the core image HISTORY
A gcore utility appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Because of the ptrace(2) usage gcore may not work with processes which are actively being investigated with truss(1) or gdb(1). Addition- ally, interruptable sleeps may exit with EINTR. The gcore utility is not compatible with the original 4.2BSD version. BSD
July 14, 2010 BSD