Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding Extra Commas to a CSV file Post 302666837 by chillblue on Thursday 5th of July 2012 07:47:15 AM
Old 07-05-2012
Adding Extra Commas to a CSV file

Trying in this forum. Not sure if it is permitted.... but in need of help.

Please find the requirements in the below link.

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...#post302665179

Thanks in Advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing commas with tilde in csv file.

hello all, i have a comma delimited file. i want to replace the commas in the file with the tilde symbol using sed. how can i do this? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: femig
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append file by adding commas

Hi, Iam working on Sun solaris machine.I have a file with ids in the below format. 1 2 3 4 5 I want it as: 1,2,3,4,5 I use these commands individually to get into that format: vi file /1,$s/$/,/g This adds commas in the file and then i save it. next i use this command :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file adding extra character

HI all i have this script : #!/bin/bash sort /usr/tmp/"REPORT"$1 -o \ /usr/tmp/"SREPORT"$1 -k 1,7 -S 150 end of script now i'm doing this command : ls -lsgt *REPORT* 4 -rw-r--r-- 300 Sep 16 REPORT54784 4 -rw-r--r-- 301 Sep 16 SREPORT54784 as you can see the sorted file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Add extra commas to a CSV file using 2 files...

Hi , Based on my previous requirement the code works fine for comma as delimiter. Now my Req is widened up a bit .. There will be two set of files .. one with comma as delimiter and other with semi-colon ; as delimiter. Second Sample file. With Double Quotes (Semi-Colon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chillblue
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Add extra commas to a CSV file.

Hi All, I got this requirement to process a complex CSV file. Eg File. Line 1: Name:,XYz Line 2: Age:,15 Line 3: Grade:,7 Line 4: Line 5: English, Maths, Science,Spanish Line 6:10,11,13,14 As you can see the maximum column is 4 . The file i need to make is Line 1: Name:,XYz,,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing commas from CSV file

Hi I'm creating a sh script to generate a csv file. The CSV contains the values from a sql table. The content looks this: a,b,c,c2,c3,,,,,,,,,,,d,e I have some code that can separate the fields using the comma as delimiter, but some values actually contain commas, such as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
ED2K(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ED2K(1)

NAME
ed2k - aMule eD2k link parser SYNOPSIS
ed2k [-c <path>] [-t <num>] [-e] [-l] <eD2k-link> ed2k [-h] ed2k [-v] DESCRIPTION
Sends the given <eD2k-link> to aMule, i.e. writes it to the file ~/.aMule/ED2KLinks, which will be checked by aMule every second for links. [ -c <path>, --config-dir=<path> ] Read config from <path> instead of home [ -t, --category=<num> ] Set category for passed eD2k links to <num> [ -e, --emulecollection ] Loads all link found in the emulecollection given as <ed2k-link> [ -l, --list ] Lists all link found in the emulecollection given as <ed2k-link> [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --version ] Displays the current version number. [ eD2k-link ] Adds an eD2k-link to the core. The eD2k link to be added can be: o a file link (ed2k://|file|...), it will be added to the download queue; o a server link (ed2k://|server|...), it will be added to the server list; o a serverlist link, in which case all servers in the list will be added to the server list; o a magnet link; o an emulecollection file. The order in which you give the parameters is important. You can give more than one link, and every link can have it's own params. For example ed2k <link1> -t2 <link2> will download <link1> in standard category and <link2> in category 2. FILES
~/.aMule/ED2KLinks REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
amule(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k link parser v1.5.1 November 2011 ED2K(1)