Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What is being backup using Flash Archive on Solaris 10 x86? Post 302666445 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 10:39:18 AM
Old 07-04-2012
See the flarcreate man page. As far as I recall, the "normal file list" , mentioned in the man page, is the list of files visible in the file system hierarchy i.e. all mounted filesystems.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash archive Postdeployment Script

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5779/6n7rcfdn1?a=view ------------------------------------------------- To Create a Reboot Script This script is kept in the archive and runs after the system is rebooted. The script does any final configuration after system reconfiguration. After you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

3. Solaris

creat flash archive

I want take a flash backup by flar command for specific files like: / , /boot, /tmp I am trying this command but its not working # flar -n archive1 -f /,/boot,/tmp -F -c /home/arc1.flar Please can any body help me __.____._ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmuqalled
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Flash archive with VxVM

I'm writing a design doc and I got this feedback. "Apparently flash archives have issues with VXVM root F/S's - May also impact licensing for “kick” systems. SVM may be more sensible / flexible option" The VxVM will be use global zones. i intend on using flash archives of solaris 8/9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Jump Start vs Flash Archive

Hi I'm trying to understand the difference between installation methods of Solaris 10, Jump Start vs Flash Archive ? thx for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 luupgrade flash archive file system creation failed

Hey guys, I'm attempting to migrate us to a new box. First problem I had was the change in architecture going from sun4u to sun4v, we have a Sun M5000 and are moving to a Fujitsu M10-4. I figured out how to make the flash archive work between architectures. Now I appear to be running into an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaledragule
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup or flash archive. Pls suggest correct way.

Hello mates, There is a task of Sol 10 installation and configuration of it by customer's demands on a few Solaris boxes (SPARC). The boxes have different capacity of IDE disks and one root ufs file system per box. I have completely prepared one of them. It took couple of days. "Completely... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
0 Replies
local-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				      local-filesystems(7)

NAME
local-filesystems - event signalling that local filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The local-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all local filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order for remote filesystems, if any, to be activated. Remember that some users may not consider it wrong to place /usr on a remote filesystem. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once local filesystems are mounted might use: start on local-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 local-filesystems(7)