Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split file content into specific folders Post 302666067 by turki_00 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 04:07:17 PM
Old 07-03-2012
Hi guys,

any help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file depending on content

Hi, I have a file which contains records of data. I need to split the file into multiple files depending upon the value of last field. How do i read the last field of each record in the file??? Regards, Chaitrali (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content

Hi All; I have input file like below name char(3) number number(3) inputfile namenumber xyz123abc509kai330 aca203 ald390afa000als303 I wanted to split like below:- output like this:- xyz123 abc509 kai330 aca203 ald390 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on the content

Arun kumar something somehting Enterting in to the line . . . . Some text text Finshing the sentence Some other text . . . . Again something somehting Enterting in to the line . . . . . . Again text text Finshing the sentence (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file in more files based on score content

Dear All, I have the following file tabulated: ID distanceTSS score 8434 571269 10 10122 393912 9 7652 6 10 4863 1451 9 8419 39 2 9363 564 21 9333 7714 22 9638 8334 9 1638 1231 11 10701 918 1000 6587 32056 111 What I would like to do is the following, create 100 new files based... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolo.kunder
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two folders and file content

Hi, I am having two folders where i need to compare the content of files and also to know if any new files been added and redirect the difference output in respective filename logs. For e.g.: Directory D1: f1 f2 f3 Directory D2: f1 f2 f3 f4 i Need to compare the directories... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 ; sed, awk and gnuwin32 are installed. I have a big text file I need to manipulate. In short, I will have to split it in thousands of short files, then rename and save in a folder which name is based upon filename. Here is a snippet of my big input.txt file (this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellig
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for specific file type in subdirectory with multiple folders

I have a directory that is in the below order (the --- is not part of the directory tree, only there to help illustrate: DATE --- main level Folder1 --- level under DATE plugin_out --- level under Folder1 variantCaller_out.40 --- level under plugin_out 001,002,003 --- level under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a content in a file with specific interval base on the delimited values using UNIX command

Hi All, we have a requirement to split a content in a text file every 5 rows and write in a new file . conditions: if 5th line falls between center of the statement . it should look upto after ";" files are below format: 1 UPDATE TABLE TEST1 SET VALUE ='AFDASDFAS' 2 WHERE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific file types to specific folders

I am trying to write a script that cycles through a folder containing many folders and when inside each one it's supposed to copy all the .fna.gz files to a folder elsewhere if the file and the respective folder have the same name. for fldr in /home/playground/genomes/* ; do find .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Keystrokes
8 Replies
WVDIAL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 WVDIAL(1)

NAME
wvdial - PPP dialer with built-in intelligence. SYNOPSIS
wvdial [ OPTIONS ] [ SECTION ] ... DESCRIPTION
wvdial is an intelligent PPP dialer, which means that it dials a modem and starts PPP in order to connect to the Internet. It is something like the chat(8) program, except that it uses heuristics to guess how to dial and log into your server rather than forcing you to write a login script. When wvdial starts, it first loads its configuration from /etc/wvdial.conf and ~/.wvdialrc which contains basic information about the modem port, speed, and init string, along with information about your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as the phone number, your username, and your password. Then it initializes your modem and dials the server and waits for a connection (a CONNECT string from the modem). It understands and responds to typical connection problems (like BUSY and NO DIALTONE). Any time after connecting, wvdial will start PPP if it sees a PPP sequence from the server. Otherwise, it tries to convince the server to start PPP by doing the following: o responding to any login/password prompts it sees; o interpreting "choose one of the following"-style menus; o eventually, sending the word "ppp" (a common terminal server command). If all of this fails, wvdial just runs pppd(8) and hopes for the best. It will bring up the connection, and then wait patiently for you to drop the link by pressing CTRL-C. OPTIONS
Several options are recognized by wvdial. -c, --chat Run wvdial as a chat replacement from within pppd, instead of the more normal method of having wvdial negotiate the connection and then call pppd. -C, --config=CONFIGFILE Run wvdial with CONFIGFILE as the configuration file, instead of /etc/wvdial.conf. This is mainly useful only if you want to have per-user configurations, or you want to avoid having dial-up information (usernames, passwords, calling card numbers, etc.) in a system wide configuration file. -n, --no-syslog Don't output debug information to the syslog daemon (only useful together with --chat). wvdial is normally run without command line options, in which case it reads its configuration from the [Dialer Defaults] section of /etc/wvdial.conf. (The configuration file is described in more detail in wvdial.conf(5) manual page.) One or more SECTIONs of /etc/wvdial.conf may be specified on the command line. Settings in these sections will override settings in [Dialer Defaults]. For example, the command: wvdial phone2 will read default options from the [Dialer Defaults] section, then override any or all of the options with those found in the [Dialer phone2] section. If more than one section is specified, they are processed in the order they are given. Each section will override all the sections that came before it. For example, the command: wvdial phone2 pulse shh will read default options from the [Dialer Defaults] section, then override any or all of the options with those found in the [Dialer phone2] section, followed by the [Dialer pulse] section, and lastly the [Dialer shh] section. Using this method, it is possible to easily configure wvdial to switch between different internet providers, modem init strings, account names, and so on without specifying the same configuration information over and over. BUGS
"Intelligent" programs are frustrating when they don't work right. This version of wvdial has only minimal support for disabling or over- riding its "intelligence", with the "Stupid Mode", "Login Prompt", and "Password Prompt" options. So, in general if you have a nice ISP, it will probably work, and if you have a weird ISP, it might not. Still, it's not much good if it doesn't work for you, right? Don't be fooled by the fact that wvdial finally made it to version 1.00; it could well contain many bugs and misfeatures. Let us know if you have problems by sending e-mail to <wvdial-list@lists.nit.ca>. You may encounter some error messages if you don't have write access to /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets. Unfortunately, there's really no nice way around this yet. FILES
/etc/wvdial.conf Configuration file which contains modem, dialing, and login information. See wvdial.conf(5). /dev/ttyS* Serial port devices. /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial Required for correct authentication in pppd version 2.3.0 or newer. /etc/ppp/{pap,chap}-secrets Contains a list of usernames and passwords used by pppd for authentication. wvdial maintains this list automatically. AUTHORS
Dave Coombs and Avery Pennarun for Net Integration Technologies. We would also like to thank SuSE and RedHat for adding a number of vari- ous cool features to wvdial. Thanks guys! SEE ALSO
wvdial.conf(5), wvdialconf(1), pppd(8), chat(8). WvDial December 2005 WVDIAL(1)