Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Really simple cross-platform database? Post 302665883 by emdan on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 10:04:51 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Thanks! I would prefer to find something where I can at least read the database in a text editor in the event I can't use the appropriate program to access it, though. Every time I've tried something that involved storing data in a non-human-readable format, I later regretted it for one reason or another.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cross platform Authentication

I am looking to have UNIX authenticate against Active Directory in a Windows Server 2003 environment, any suggestion? I am very new to UNIX, 2 weeks worth knowledge, if that. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

please recommend books or articles on cross-platform portable code

I have know some items on cross-platform portable byte order alignment I don't know if there are books or articles on this topic. your recommendation is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhongyj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring packages for cross-platform build

Hi all, I wish to build a few packages for my embedded target running linux over ARM9. It would be tough for me to compile my packages on target so I need to build on a host machine and then transfer the generated binaries. So I got the source-tarball for the packages I need. Now here are my two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

4. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML - This filter stores arbitrary Perl via YAML SYNOPSIS
use Jifty::DBI::Record schema { column my_data => type is 'text', filters are qw/ Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML /; }; my $thing = __PACKAGE__->new; $thing->create( my_data => { foo => 'bar', baz => [ 1, 2, 3 ] } ); my $my_data = $thing->my_data; while (my ($key, $value) = %$my_data) { # do something... } DESCRIPTION
This filter provides the ability to store arbitrary data structures into a database column using YAML. This is very similar to the Jifty::DBI::Filter::Storable filter except that the YAML format remains human-readable in the database. You can store virtually any Perl data, scalar, hash, array, or object into the database using this filter. In addition, YAML (at least the storage of scalars, hashes, and arrays) is compatible with data structures written in other languages, so you may store or read data between applications written in different languages. METHODS
encode This method is used to encode the Perl data structure into YAML formatted text. decode This method is used to decode the YAML formatted text from the database into the Perl data structure. IMPLEMENTATION
This class will attempt to use YAML::Syck if it is available and then fall back upon YAML. This has been done because the Syck library is written in C and is considerably faster. SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI::Filter, YAML, YAML::Syck AUTHOR
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <hanenkamp@cpan.org> LICENSE
This program is free software and may be modified or distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-09-21 Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)