Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Really simple cross-platform database? Post 302665883 by emdan on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 10:04:51 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Thanks! I would prefer to find something where I can at least read the database in a text editor in the event I can't use the appropriate program to access it, though. Every time I've tried something that involved storing data in a non-human-readable format, I later regretted it for one reason or another.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cross platform Authentication

I am looking to have UNIX authenticate against Active Directory in a Windows Server 2003 environment, any suggestion? I am very new to UNIX, 2 weeks worth knowledge, if that. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

please recommend books or articles on cross-platform portable code

I have know some items on cross-platform portable byte order alignment I don't know if there are books or articles on this topic. your recommendation is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhongyj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring packages for cross-platform build

Hi all, I wish to build a few packages for my embedded target running linux over ARM9. It would be tough for me to compile my packages on target so I need to build on a host machine and then transfer the generated binaries. So I got the source-tarball for the packages I need. Now here are my two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

4. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
NAMED-JOURNALPRINT(8)						       BIND9						     NAMED-JOURNALPRINT(8)

NAME
named-journalprint - print zone journal in human-readable form SYNOPSIS
named-journalprint {journal} DESCRIPTION
named-journalprint prints the contents of a zone journal file in a human-readable form. Journal files are automatically created by named when changes are made to dynamic zones (e.g., by nsupdate). They record each addition or deletion of a resource record, in binary format, allowing the changes to be re-applied to the zone when the server is restarted after a shutdown or crash. By default, the name of the journal file is formed by appending the extension .jnl to the name of the corresponding zone file. named-journalprint converts the contents of a given journal file into a human-readable text format. Each line begins with "add" or "del", to indicate whether the record was added or deleted, and continues with the resource record in master-file format. SEE ALSO
named(8), nsupdate(8), BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") BIND9 Feb 18, 2009 NAMED-JOURNALPRINT(8)