Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing blanks, spaces
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing blanks, spaces Post 302665617 by sususa on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 02:25:53 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Removing blanks, spaces

I have pipe separated file with lots of blank spaces.

After using sed -e 's/ *| */|/g' this command ,its giving me output as

Code:
TT0000013101640|
         HCAMBLAMCNB010|Jul  3 2012 11:14AM|
         HARYANA|
         Bangali Mohalla |
         TCL-UBR|9368040005|9355264655|9218509220|NULL 
 TT0000013101695|
         QCKNKEKKUIB001|Jul  3 2012 11:17AM|
         JHARKHAND|
         Kathkamkuli|
         Uninor|9386897706|7488049301|9122112522|NULL 
 TT0000013101724|
         MCSLOOSLOOB001|Jul  3 2012 11:18AM|
         MAHARASHTRA + GOA|
         SELOO|
         TULIP|9325405402|9325406984|9953194983|NULL

But I want O/P in one line. Kindly suggest a query.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

---------- Post updated at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:14 AM ----------

Ok...But plz reply now for my query

---------- Post updated at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:25 AM ----------

Ok...But plz reply now for my query

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-03-2012 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces

hey.. i had a problem with the unix command when i want to remove the white spaces in a string..i guess i cud do it with a sed command but i get an error when i give space in the square brackets.. string="nh hjh llk" p=`echo $string | sed 's/ //g'` i donno how to give space charater and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces...

Hey, I'm using the command from this thread https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/590-converting-list-into-line.html to convert vertical lines to horzontal lines. But I need to remove the spaces that is created. Unfortunately I can't figure out where the space is in the code.. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from data

Hi, I want to remove spaces from data. Data is: 1,aa ,21, 22 2,a a ,23 ,24 3, ,25 ,26 output should be: 1,aa,21,22 2,a a,23,24 3, ,25,26 i.e i have to remove leading and trailing spaces.Not the space between data and also i dont want to remove the space if data is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blanks in a text tab delimited file

Hi Experts I am very new to perl and need to make a script using perl. I would like to remove blanks in a text tab delimited file in in a specfic column range ( colum 21 to column 43) sample input and output shown below : Input: 117 102 650 652 654 656 117 93 95... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faisal Riaz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces in a line

Hi All, I have a line like this " field1;field2;field3 " (single space after and before double quotes). Now i have to remove these single space . Kindly help me. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces within Filename

Hello, I have a Folder (myfile) which contain the following files: P$12789865KR +N+01+OM+16102009165416.nu P$M1-508962GD +N+01+ALP+14102009094417.nu Is there a sed command(s) that will loop through this folder and remove the spaces that exists in the filename? Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fishn
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces in filenames

I have a problem mounting images because of the spaces in the filenames. Does anyone know how to rename files by removing the spaces with the find command? find Desktop/$dir -name "*.dmg" -print -exec ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianebaj
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces in the second field alone

Consider my input string as "abc|b f g|bj gy" I am expecting the output as "abc|bfg|bj gy". Please let me know how to achieve this in unix? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces between parenthesis ()

Hello, i 've go a file with the following text: oracle@das (J005) 0 oracle@das (J008) 0 oracle@das (J050) 0 oracle@das (J038) ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
15 Replies
PDF2TXT(1)							  PDFMiner Manual							PDF2TXT(1)

NAME
pdf2txt - extracts text contents of PDF files SYNOPSIS
pdf2txt [option...] file... DESCRIPTION
pdf2txt extracts text contents from a PDF file. It extracts all the text that is to be rendered programmatically, i.e. text represented as ASCII or Unicode strings. It cannot recognize text drawn as images that would require optical character recognition. It also extracts the corresponding locations, font names, font sizes, writing direction (horizontal or vertical) for each text portion. You need to provide a password for protected PDF documents when its access is restricted. You cannot extract any text from a PDF document which does not have extraction permission. OPTIONS
-o file Specifies the output file name. The default is to print the extracted contents to standand output in text format. -p pageno[,pageno,...] Specifies the comma-separated list of the page numbers to be extracted. Page numbers start at one. By default, it extracts text from all the pages. -c codec Specifies the output codec. -t type Specifies the output format. The following formats are currently supported: text Text format. This is the default. html HTML format. It is not recommended. xml XML format. It provides the most information. tag "Tagged PDF" format. A tagged PDF has its own contents annotated with HTML-like tags. pdf2txt tries to extract its content streams rather than inferring its text locations. Tags used here are defined in the PDF Reference, Sixth Edition[1] (S10.7 "Tagged PDF"). -D writing-mode Specifies the writing mode of text outputs: lr-tb Left-to-right, top-to-bottom. tb-rl Top-to-bottom, right-to-left. auto Determine writing mode automatically -M char-margin, -L line-margin, -W word-margin These are the parameters used for layout analysis. In an actual PDF file, text portions might be split into several chunks in the middle of its running, depending on the authoring software. Therefore, text extraction needs to splice text chunks. In the figure below, two text chunks whose distance is closer than the char-margin is considered continuous and get grouped into one. Also, two lines whose distance is closer than the line-margin is grouped as a text box, which is a rectangular area that contains a "cluster" of text portions. Furthermore, it may be required to insert blank characters (spaces) as necessary if the distance between two words is greater than the word-margin, as a blank between words might not be represented as a space, but indicated by the positioning of each word. Each value is specified not as an actual length, but as a proportion of the length to the size of each character in question. The default values are char-margin = 1.0, line-margin = 0.3, and W = 0.2, respectively. -n Suppress layout analysis. -A Force layout analysis for all the text strings, including text contained in figures. -V Enable detection of vertical writing. -s scale Specifies the output scale. This option can be used in HTML format only. -m n Specifies the maximum number of pages to extract. By default, all the pages in a document are extracted. -P password Provides the user password to access PDF contents. -d Increase the debug level. EXAMPLES
Extract text as an HTML file whose filename is output.html: $ pdf2txt -o output.html samples/naacl06-shinyama.pdf Extract a Japanese HTML file in vertical writing: $ pdf2txt -c euc-jp -D tb-rl -o output.html samples/jo.pdf Extract text from an encrypted PDF file: $ pdf2txt -P mypassword -o output.txt secret.pdf SEE ALSO
dumppdf(1) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. Yusuke Shinyama <yusuke@cs.nyu.edu> Author of PDFMiner and its original HTML documentation. NOTES
1. PDF Reference, Sixth Edition http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference_1-7.pdf pdf2txt 08/24/2011 PDF2TXT(1)