Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Amount of LUNs used for zpool Post 302665347 by fpmurphy on Monday 2nd of July 2012 11:14:26 AM
Old 07-02-2012
This might help: ZFS Best Practices Guide
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP LV's for Hitachin Luns

Hi, This is my first post and I hope I can present my questions the right way. I am going to be asked to create logical volumes for a Hitachi SAN device on a New HP 11 server. Currently, They are running their data on a EMC (prod server). They are looking to convert the data and filesystems over to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni-dev
3 Replies

2. AIX

creating luns vg

Hi All, I have these config on my old ssa. Vg4 22GB (pps 256) Vg2 88GB (pps 128) Vg3 22GB (pps 256) Vg8 88GB (pps 128) Vg13 106GB (pps 32) Vg12 106GB (pps 32) Vg10 54GB (pps 64) Vg11 54GB (pps 64) When I create a lun on my san do I need to specify the same pps. If yes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How-to tell number of Luns my server is seeing?

I am looking for the number of luns a server is seeing or mapped to. My guess is /kernel/drv/lpfc.conf or qla2xxx.conf will tell me. Am I on the right track? Thanks. Y4Net. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount luns solaris

Hi Iīm new to san and lunīs I see the disks, but are not able to mount them bash-3.00# mountall checking ufs filesystems /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: I/O error Can't open /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: I/O error /dev/rdsk/c3t5006016930601F86d0s6: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ludvig
1 Replies

5. AIX

LUNS in AIX

Hi team, 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

6. Linux

Rescan LUNs on Linux VM

Hi, I have presented a new 70GB LUN to my RedHat Linux VM server. How do I rescan for the new LUN? Thanks, Sparcman:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adding LUNs to system

Hi guys I have been asked for the following: SMI Oracle database PTP10 Oracle 10g RAC on usdfslprac4 and usdfslprac5 Linux boxes is reaching its space limit. It is just 20 GB away from being completely out of disk space. And then database will stop working and SMI system hence will be impacted.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

8. Solaris

luns

how to create luns plzzzzzz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

10. Hardware

RAID5 + STRIPED LUNs

Hello Experts, I have few doubts on RAID 5 with LUNs carved as STRIPE and CONCAT RAID 5 = STRIPE + Parity mirroring I would like to know if the LUNs carved are CONCATE from RAID 5 disk array. Are the I/Os are spread accross the disks within the RAID 5 Array? And if I do carve STRIPED... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sybadm
1 Replies
FCOEADM(8)							  Open-FCoE Tools							FCOEADM(8)

NAME
fcoeadm - The Open-FCoE Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
fcoeadm -c|--create ethX fcoeadm -d|--destroy ethX fcoeadm -r|--reset ethX fcoeadm -i|--interface [ethX] fcoeadm -S|--Scan [ethX] fcoeadm -t|--target [ethX] fcoeadm -l|--lun [ethX] fcoeadm -s|--stats ethX [interval] fcoeadm -h|--help fcoeadm -v|--version DESCRIPTION
The fcoeadm utility is the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) management tool for the Open-FCoE project. fcoeadm may be used to create, destroy, and reset an FCoE instance on a given network interface. For these operations fcoeadm sends a command to a running fcoemon process, via a socket interface. fcoemon will then perform the requested operation. fcoeadm also provides options to query information about FCoE instances, including interface information, target information, LUN information, and port statistics. For much of this information, fcoeadm relies on the libhbalinux implementation of the HBA API. OPTIONS
-c, --create ethX Creates an FCoE instance based on the specified network interface. Note that if there is not an fcoemon configuration file for the interface (/etc/fcoe/cfg-ethX, see fcoemon), then the created FCoE instance will not require DCB. -d, --destroy ethX Destroys the FCoE instance on the specified network interface. This will not destroy FCoE instances created by fipvlan. -r, --reset ethX Resets the FCoE instance on the specified network interface. This will not reset FCoE instances created by fipvlan. -i, --interface [ethX] Show information about the FCoE instance on the specified network interface, or all FCoE instances if no network interface is specified. -S, --Scan ethX Rescan for new targets and LUNs on the provided instance. This command will not rescan any NPIV instances created on the same port. This will not rescan any FCoE instance created by fipvlan. -t, --target [ethX] Show information about the discovered targets associated with the FCoE instance on the specified network interface. If no network interface is specified, information about discovered targets from all FCoE instances will be shown. -l, --lun [ethX] Show detailed information about the discovered SCSI LUNs associated with the FCoE instance on the specified network interface. If no network interface is specified, information about SCSI LUNs from all FCoE instances will be shown. -s, --stats ethX [interval] Show the statistics (including FC4 statistics) of the FCoE interface on the specified network interface. The information will be display in one line on the screen per given time interval. interval should be specified in whole integers greater than 0. It specifies the time interval in the unit of seconds. If interval is not specified, the default interval is one second. -h, --help Displays the usage message of the fcoeadm command. -v, --version Displays the version of the fcoeadm command. EXAMPLES
Creates an FCoE instance on eth2.101 fcoeadm -c eth2.101 Destroys the FCoE instance on eth2.101 fcoeadm -d eth2.101 Resets the FCoE instance on eth2.101 fcoeadm -r eth2.101 Show the information of all the adapters and their ports having FCoE instances created fcoeadm -i Show the information of all FCoE instances on interface eth3. fcoeadm -i eth3 Show the information of all the discovered targets from all the ports having FCoE instances created (they may be on different adapter cards). A brief listing of discovered LUNs are listed after the target they are associated with, if any fcoeadm -t Show the information of all the discovered targets from a given port (eth3) having FCoE instance created. A brief listing of discovered LUNs are listed after each target they are associated with, if any fcoeadm -t eth3 Show the detailed information of all the LUNs discovered on all FCoE connections fcoeadm -l Show the detailed information of all the LUNs associated with a specific interface fcoeadm -l eth3.101 Show the statistics information of a specific port eth3 having FCoE instances created. The statistics are displayed one line per time interval. The default interval is one second if an interval is not specified fcoeadm -s eth3 fcoeadm -s eth3 3 SEE ALSO
fcoemon(8) SUPPORT
fcoeadm is part of the fcoe-utils package, maintained through the Open-FCoE project. Resources for both developers and users can be found at the Open-FCoE website http://open-fcoe.org/ Open-FCoE 10/18/2011 FCOEADM(8)