Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications ruby/SQLite database interface Post 302664955 by LMHmedchem on Sunday 1st of July 2012 04:52:08 PM
Old 07-01-2012
At the moment, I am trying to get the ruby-sqlite working under windows cygwin. The libsqlite3-ruby package does not appear to be in the current cygwin package manager. I have tried installing it with gem, but I don't appear to have gem, or there is something wrong with the configuration.

gem install sqlite3-ruby

gives,
-bash: gem: command not found

I presume this is a cygwin issue, but I need to get the sqlite3-ruby package working before I can get any further, or give up on a ruby interface and try some other interpreter. Can anyone give advice on how to get this working? I don't have the windows ruby package installed, just the cygwin version.

LMHmedchem

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlite issue?

i'm on freebsd 5.2.1, and from a fresh installation i've used pkg_add for the latest ported version of apache, as well as installing php 5. supposedly php5 comes with native support for sqlite (in the binary package), and this is what i added. i am trying to install a site engine (the 'gyrator'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandan
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

sqlite database in HP-UX vs Linux

Hi everybody, We have a cgi application which accesses sqlite database. It works fine in Linux environment but the same code doesn't enter data into the database when done in HP-UX environment. Should the codes vary depending on whether it is Linux or HP-UX. Regards Ruma (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlprg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Several processes writing to an SQLite database at the same time

I have several bash scripts that write to an SQLite3 database at the same time. At some occasion the database returns: SQL error: database is locked. How would be the best way, to make a process to wait until the data base is 'free' again. I tried: sqlite3 test.db ".timeout 1000; update....."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Web Interface for a database

Hi Gents, What is the best way to create a web interface for mysql database? That I can manage my data for root user and for normal user as well according to their privileges? Assuming that I use Linux as a server and Apache as a web server and my database is mysql. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
5 Replies

7. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)