Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: text filtering
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting text filtering Post 302664825 by elixir_sinari on Sunday 1st of July 2012 03:18:19 AM
Old 07-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibodc
Could you explain the new code...thanks again for your help.
As you already mentioned, you need your logic to be applied on sets of data. So, first we need to identify a set. As the Date: lines will always be there, the only way (I could think) of identifying sets is a series of 7 Date: lines. So, the 8th occurrence of Date: line will signal the end of a set (and beginning of a new one) and so on. So, going on these lines, I am storing each of the lines in a set in an array and when a new set begins, I am applying your logic to the stored lines (of the previous set) and printing out the lines.

As I am using a new set to mark the end of the previous set, I need to repeat your logic (only for the last set) in the END section.
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering text from a string

I'm trying to write a script which prints out the users who are loged in. Printing the output of the "users" command isn't the problem. What I want is to filter out my own username. users | grep -v (username) does not work because the whole line in which username exists is suppressed. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cozmic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another text filtering question

I want to remove everything from a file but the word following the search word. Example: crap crap crap crap SearchWord WordToKeep crap crap crap How would I do this with say awk or grep? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethLark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering text

Hi how can I filter the text using this one. SAMPLE servervmpool -listall|tail -11 ================================================================================ pool number: 112 pool name: Net-Ora-1wk description: Net-Ora-1wk max partially full: 0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing and filtering scripting

Still new to bash. Using debian lenny 5, bash version 3.2.39. I'm working on three scripts. I need help completing them. One script that inputs a plain text file, echo then chop it up into separate whitespace-delimited strings as an output. Not sure how to do this... for example, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l20N1N
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out text with awk

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekyle
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and filtering multiline text into comma separated line

I have a log file that contains several reports with following format. <Start of delimiter> Report1 header Report1 header continue Report1 header continue Record1 header Record1 header continue Record1 header continue field1 field2 field3 field4 ------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

8. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering text with awk

I need to filter a file that is composed like that: >Cluster 0 0 292nt, >last294258;size=1;... * >Cluster 1 0 292nt, >last111510;size=1;... * 1 290nt, >last136280;size=1;... at -/98.62% 2 292nt, >last217336;size=1;... at +/99.66% 3 292nt, >last280937;size=1;... at -/99.32% >Cluster 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
6 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)