Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat yum is not installed on all servers. Why? Post 302664475 by admin_xor on Friday 29th of June 2012 03:34:07 PM
Old 06-29-2012
If you get the answer from your client, could you share the same with us? I'm also curious to know the reason. It's very unlikely that you would not have yum, unless you have an alternative package management system in place.

Also, I don't think yum has security issues if the repository is protected and gpg checking is in place.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find how many CPU installed in the servers

We are using HP unix how to find out how many number of CPU's in the system. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salaathi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if SQLLDR has been installed on Unix/Aix servers

How can i check if sqlldr has been installed on my AIX/UNIX mechine? Is there any unix script to check this one out.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
0 Replies

4. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

help with YUM

Hi All, Just installed new Redhat server. I am trying to do rhn_register. I get this error message. Fatal error: The SSL certificate failed verification. Any one ran into this error. Please let me know. I do have internet connection- ping www.google.com PING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Find List of MQ and Websphere certificates that are installed on Linux and UNIX servers?

Dear All, I am planning to find the list of certificates(WEBshpere/MQ) on a servers. My certificates are either stored in (.jks) / (.pem)/ (.cer) . But some of the certificates are stored without these file formats. I tried using find command but unless I give the file name its difficult for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies

8. Linux

Need help on YUM

HI, First I'll use yum check-update to check any updates. Q1: How can I know that how much space needed to update all packages listed by yum check-update command? Q2: How can I list kernel related packages? TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)						   User Manuals 						YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)

NAME
yum-versionlock - Version lock rpm packages SYNOPSIS
yum-versionlock [ package-name [ package-name]] ... DESCRIPTION
yum-versionlock(1) is a Yum plugin that takes a set of name/versions for packages and excludes all other versions of those packages (including optionally following obsoletes). This allows you to protect packages from being updated by newer versions. The plugin provides a command "versionlock" which allows you to view and edit the list of locked packages easily. yum versionlock add <package-wildcard>... Add a versionlock for all of the packages in the rpmdb matching the given wildcards. yum versionlock exclude <package-wildcard>... Add a exclude (within versionlock) for the latest versions of the packages in the available repos. matching the given wildcards. yum ver- sionlock list List the current versionlock entries. yum versionlock delete <entry-wildcard>... Remove any matching versionlock entries. yum versionlock clear Remove all versionlock entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-versionlock.conf(5) for more information. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.list The default place to put package version lock information (one package and version per. line). The file takes entries in the follow- ing format EPOCH:NAME-VERSION-RELEASE.ARCH See rpm(8) for more information on custom query formats. If the package does not have an EPOCH the number will default to 0. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-versionlock is available via: # yum install yum-versionlock AUTHORS
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> Documentation modified by: Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 28 December 2009 YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)