Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access log field - using awk to pull date/time Post 302663713 by SkySmart on Thursday 28th of June 2012 11:42:44 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_sinari
Code:
echo '10.10.10.10 - jdoe [28/Jun/2012:14:24:15 +0000] "GET /images/down.gif HTTP/1.1" 304'|awk -F'[][]' '{print (a[split($2,a,/ */)-1])}'

works PERFECTLY!!

final question, i promise.

when i run your command, i get:

Code:
28/Jun/2012:14:24:15

now i want to chop off the last 3 characters:

Code:
28/Jun/2012:14:24

is it possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a log file based on date/time input and the date/time on the log file

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish the following and would like some suggestions or possible bash script examples that may work I have a directory that has a list of log files that's periodically dumped from a script that is crontab that are rotated 4 generations. There will be a time stamp that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the access.log based on date

I am trying to get the content of Apache access.log file for the current date for viewing purposes. I can get it with the following sed command sed -n '/09\/Oct\/2008/,/09\/Oct\/2008/p' access.log | less now I want to enhance it such that it will automatically take current date instead of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysprathap
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to pull Yesterdays Date...

I tried this and it works for the most part, but if the date is 20090301, it displays 20090300. YESTERDAY=$((`date +%Y%m%d` -1)) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cards0622
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to pull multiple field from log file

I am hoping to get some help with a script to pull certain fields from a log file. User update (xx6xxx P) rpt (yy6yyy B) 2010/01/20 21:36:01.298 Remote client forward start streamid 85af 2010/01/20 21:36:01.307 rpt2 (ZZ6ZZZ G) rpt1 (YY6YYY B) urcall (CQCQCQ ) mycall (W1AW) user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TedSD
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help reformatting badly formatted time field

I need help reformatting an input file with spaces in the time field (4th field). I want the field to look like “hh:mm” with appropriate embedded zeros, but instead it has “h :m “ if the hour and/or minute are single character. I'm pretty new to scripting and this is beyond me. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisep
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to pull date

I have one file with below entry. There are multiple entries, but for sample I used just three lines. my requirment is to create a script by which it will pull only those entries which modification time is greater than 2 weeks (or 15 days). if I run script today, it will compare date from today... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)