Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a shortcut
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a shortcut Post 302663693 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 28th of June 2012 11:19:02 AM
Old 06-28-2012
You could try something like this, which would print the filenames
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$1];next}($1 in a){print FILENAME $0}' 1st.txt *filmatch.txt

and take it from there...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a Shortcut in a User Driectory

Can someone tell me how to create a shortcut within a users home directory to point to another location? P.S- And is shortcut the correct terminology? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bachagalou
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shortcut in unix?

Sorry, anybody here knows how to make a shortcut in unix? Thanks. Sebastian. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seba
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut to home directory?

Also, Wherever you are exploring files in the UNIX structure you can jusy type "cd". This will take you to your home directory. Hope that helps. Cheers! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut

Dear Friends How i make shortcut in Tru64 unix for example make a shortcut for mail , i want to make a shortcut under / root the bath for mail # cd /var/spool/mail Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fmmq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut thing?

Hey, im new to Linux...totally new. I know there is a way to assign a type of variable or something to a directory, so instead of having to type "cd /var/www" etc, I could just assign a variable to the directory, so I could just do "cd $assignedvar" and it would be there...if you get what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a shortcut in awk?

Is there a key board shortcut in vi editor to allow me to find the next ( or { that are corresponding to the first one? Thanks! It's % sign. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison operators: shortcut name

There are a number of comparison operators used in scripting and programming languages, such as the following: =, ==, ===, !=, =~, <, >, <=, >=, etc Is there a shortcut name for them, such as one has for as being any capital letter? If not, it would mean that I would have to list them all for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Shortcut (to just type "l" but it runs "ls -lah")

How do I create shortcuts? For example: I just want to type one key "l" and have it output the command of "ls -lah" I believe it's creating a file called l with 755 permissions but I'm not sure where to put the file. *if it matters, I'm on a shared hosting web server using cPanel with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut keys are not working

Hi all, I use the shortcut keys CTRL-a and CTRL-e to move cursor to start and end of line in shell prompt alot. But recently what happened to my system i don't know only CTRL-a is working not CTRL-e . If i press CTRL-e any other window in that desktop pop's up. Can any1 tell me how to correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vio719
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to create a shortcut for Openoffice?

Hello all, I am facing some problem after installing the Openoffice in Solaris 10. The installation is successful but i cannot find any icon or shortcut on both Application and Desktop... please help me on this.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungyepaing
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)