Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX From address of an email from AIX server Post 302662693 by ggayathri on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 02:22:04 AM
Old 06-27-2012
root@derby:/home/root:
=>hostname | nslookup
> Server: 9.57.162.76
Address: 9.57.162.76#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: derby.lexington.ibm.com
Address: 9.51.164.8

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

9. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
2004-04-15

mailping

MAILPING-CRON(1)						     Mailping							  MAILPING-CRON(1)

NAME
mailping-cron - run periodic processing to test email service availability and functioning SYNOPSIS
mailping-cron DESCRIPTION
mailping-cron processes incoming emails, updates status and sends out probe messages. The idea is to configure multiple email "circuits", send probe messages regularly, and see whether they complete the circuit and how long it took. Setting up a circuit 1. Give a name to the circuit, hereafter referred to as circuit. 2. Arrange for a local email address to be delivered to maildir /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/incoming/. See mailping-store. 3. Create a configuration for the circuit, by creating directory /etc/mailping/circuit. If you need non-default sender and/or recipient addresses, create files from and to there, containing the sender and recipient addresses suitable for the circuit. 4. You're done! Munin should now see the data. Testing multiple servers To test functioning of more than one email server, arrange an email alias at a remote site pointing to an address on your server, and set the address of that alias here. Here's an example of testing a system consisting of two email servers and everything in that path (smarthosts, primary MXs, virus checkers, etc.): Local address <mailping+that@this.example.com> is delivered with mailping-store to /var/lib/mailping/state/that/incoming/. Remote address <echo@that.example.com> is an alias that redirects all email to <mailping+that@this.example.com>. /etc/mailping/that/to is set to <echo@that.example.com>. FILES
/etc/mailping/circuit/from Sender address for the probe emails. Default: <currentuserid@fullyqualifiedhostname>. /etc/mailping/circuit/to Recipient address for the probe emails. You must arrange for the email to eventually get delivered to the maildir /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/incoming/. mailping-store will probably be useful in that. Default: <currentuserid+circuit@fullyqualifiedhostname> /etc/mailping/circuit/admin Admistrative address, set as Reply-To in probe messages. Default: do not add Reply-To. /etc/mailping/circuit/interval How often a probe message is sent, in seconds. Default: 600 seconds. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/ Stored state for the probing. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/junk/ Maildir used to store all messages in incoming that do not look like probe messages. Read and delete them regularly. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/broken/ Maildir used to store all messages in incoming that do look like probe messages, but a corresponding pending entry cannot be found. Duplicated probe messages cause these. Read and delete them regularly. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_CONFIGDIR Override the location of the configuration directory. Default: /etc/mailping MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping SEE ALSO
mailping-store(1), mailping-success(1), mailping-latency(1) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-15 MAILPING-CRON(1)