Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX From address of an email from AIX server Post 302662665 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 01:47:18 AM
Old 06-27-2012
can you post your mail command from the script.

are you using -f option in your mail command ?

what is your server name ?

Code:
hostname | nslookup

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

9. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
NOTIFY(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 NOTIFY(8)

NAME
notify - HylaFAX user notification script SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify qfile why jobtime [ nextTry ] DESCRIPTION
bin/notify is the command script invoked by the facsimile server to notify a user about the status of an outbound job. The default notifi- cation script sends the user electronic mail describing the event or action. The arguments are: qfile the pathname of the job description file. why a string that specifies why the user is being notified; one of: Why Notes Meaning done 1 job was completed successfully failed 12 job was not completed rejected 1 job was rejected for specified reasons requeued 2 job was not completed, but was requeued for retry removed 1 job was deleted from the queue killed 1 job was deleted from the queue timedout 1 job could not be sent before kill time expired format_failed 1 document conversion failed no_formatter 1 the document conversion program was not found poll_rejected 12 a polling request was rejected by the remote side poll_no_document 12 a polling request failed because nothing was available poll_failed 12 a polling request failed for an unknown reason blocked 3 job is blocked by concurrent jobs 1 A final job state 2 A transcript of the failed communication is returned to the sender. 3 No emails are sent for the block state, the job has been neither requeued nor done, but remains waiting in the queue for the ability to be sent. jobtime the total transmission time of a successful job or the connect time of a failed request (passed as a string). nextTry the time (passed as a string) at which the next attempt will be made to complete the job. This parameter is passed only if why is ``requeued''. NOTES
The behavior of notify is intended to be customizable via the etc/FaxNotify script, if present. FaxNotify is sourced after the q-file is parsed and all default values are preset. Useful settings for FaxNotify are: WHY is identical to why mentioned above and can be useful in determining under what conditions various settings should take effect. For example, if [ "$WHY" != "done" ]; then RETURNFILETYPE=pdf; fi This would only set RETURNFILETYPE when the job did not complete successfully. RETURNFILETYPE can be set to ``tif'', ``pdf'', ``ps'', or ``original''. If set, this causes notify to return a copy of the submitted documents to the SENDER address along with the notification message. The ``original'' setting uses the format type that was used in the submis- sion. Multiple values may be specified by separating them with whitespace. In that case a separate attachment is created for each filetype. TEMPLATE the template subdirectory to use when sending e-mails. HylaFAX ships with a base set of templates, and some direct translations. To use the German translated templates, set TEMPLATE=de in FaxNotify. This is relative to the base template directory. NOTIFY_FAXMASTER is used to deliver a notification message to TOADDR (which defaults to ``FaxMaster'') that contains technical information about the job. This is useful in allowing the administrator to be aware of any problems before those problems are reported by the users. Possible settings are ``yes'', ``always'', ``no'', ``never'', and ``errors''. If ``errors'' is used then the notification message is only sent to FaxMaster when the job experienced an error. The default is ``no''. The settings of the user in $notify (read from the sendq job file) controls whether the user will get the notification email. If you want to force notification emails, irregardless of the users selection, or force a blocked notification (which is not sent by default), you can set notify="always" which will force the notify script to send the email. FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /usr/lib/sendmail for delivering mail SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-server(5), sendq(5) May 8, 1996 NOTIFY(8)