Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regex to Parse data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex to Parse data Post 302662601 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 09:14:25 PM
Old 06-26-2012
Using awk:

Code:
awk '{
   gsub(/)/, ", "$1")");
   gsub(", "$1") VALUES", ", NEWCOLUMN) VALUES");
}
gsub("^"$1".* INSERT","INSERT")' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a range of data

Hello, I have a file which has a range of date like: 00:00 test 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 00:05 test6 Using input (stdin) i would like to parse the data 00:01 to 00:04. The output file should be like this: 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data using sh script

Hi, I am a newbie to unix/shell scripting and i have a question on how to parse a txt file using perl in a sh script. I have a txt file that contains hundreds of lines with data like this.... X, Y, Latitude, Longitude 1, 142, -38.000000, -91.000000, 26.348 2, 142, 60.000000, -90.000000,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonbaby
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex/shell script to Parse through XML Records

Hi All, I have been working on something that doesn't seem to have a clear regex solution and I just wanted to run it by everyone to see if I could get some insight into the method of solving this problem. I have a flat text file that contains billing records for users, however the records... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerrad
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and parse data between two strings

Hi , I have a billing CDR file which is separated by “!”. I need to extract and format data between the starting (“!”) and the end of the line (“1.2.1.8”). These two variables are permanent tags to show begin and end. ! TICKET NBR : 2 ! GSI : 101 ! 3100.2.112.1 24/03/2010 00:41:14 !... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse data?

Hi all, I have output of paction command looking like this: RELCI 0 IP address 1.2.16.3 Xmit: CURRENT Recv: WAIT_HEADER 0 congestions 2617/0 buf. sent/rec Xmit: CURRENT Recv: WAIT_HEADER 0 congestions 0/0 buf. sent/rec BUFFER Xmit: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse data

hi i have a file p1.htm <div class="colorID2"> aaaa aaaa aa <br/> bbbbbbbb bbb<br/> <br/>cccc ccc ccc </div><div class="colorID1"> dddd d ddddd<br/> eeee eeee eeeeeeeeee<br/> fffff <br/>g gg<br/> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saw7
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse data

Guys , please help me out with another AWK solution ... Input Device Physical Name : Not Visible Device Symmetrix Name : 0743 Front Director Paths (2): { ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

RegeX to parse data from a txt file

Hi all the experts out there, I am totally new to perl and I was given an assignment by using Perl to find the 2nd element of each line in each curly bracket which made up of 5 elements. Expected result should like this: Type: VCC Pin_name: AK32,AL32,AH21,..... Type: NC Pin_name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killbanne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: to parse the data from a string.

Hi folks, I have a line in log from which I need to parse few data. Jul 6 00:05:58 dg01aipagnfe01p %FWSM-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) From the above... I need to parse the %FWSM-3-106011: substring. Another example Jul 13 00:08:55 dq01aipaynas01p %FWSM-6-302010: 2 in use, 1661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Need command to parse data

Hi Friends, I have data like below t064266 I want output into this format t064266 Data are space delimited and i want parse third column data. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagaat
9 Replies
SAVEPOINT(7)							   SQL Commands 						      SAVEPOINT(7)

NAME
SAVEPOINT - define a new savepoint within the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SAVEPOINT savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
SAVEPOINT establishes a new savepoint within the current transaction. A savepoint is a special mark inside a transaction that allows all commands that are executed after it was established to be rolled back, restoring the transaction state to what it was at the time of the savepoint. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The name to give to the new savepoint. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)] to rollback to a savepoint. Use RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)] to destroy a savepoint, keeping the effects of commands executed after it was established. Savepoints can only be established when inside a transaction block. There can be multiple savepoints defined within a transaction. EXAMPLES
To establish a savepoint and later undo the effects of all commands executed after it was established: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (1); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (2); ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); COMMIT; The above transaction will insert the values 1 and 3, but not 2. To establish and later destroy a savepoint: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (4); RELEASE SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; COMMIT; The above transaction will insert both 3 and 4. COMPATIBILITY
SQL requires a savepoint to be destroyed automatically when another savepoint with the same name is established. In PostgreSQL, the old savepoint is kept, though only the more recent one will be used when rolling back or releasing. (Releasing the newer savepoint will cause the older one to again become accessible to ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT and RELEASE SAVEPOINT.) Otherwise, SAVEPOINT is fully SQL conforming. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [roll- back_to_savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SAVEPOINT(7)