Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo su - user not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo su - user not working Post 302662261 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 11:25:59 AM
Old 06-26-2012
It means what it says. Sudo is not configured to let you do that. Ask your administrator to configure it for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo chmod not working

now running mac os x 10.53 and sudo chmod comes back with : operation not permitted. sample file: -rwxr-xr-x+ 1 1000 com.apple.monitor_all_services 276592 Jun 8 2007 342345.tif i am running as root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Movomito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo command not working with cron job.

Hello, I have written a script that has a sudo command to change file permissions within it. When I run the script manually, the sudo command inside of it works fine. When the script is run through crontab I get the error "cron: not found". It the same user profile that I am using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo apt-get install build-essential not working

it asks for password and then following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essential what should i do to install g++ compiler? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo + ulimit not working ?

When I use sudo with ulimit there is an error but if I use ulimit without sudo there is no error. In bash: user1@debian:~$ sudo -u user2 -H ulimit -S -c unlimited sudo: ulimit: command not found user1@debian:~$ user1@debian:/home/user1$ ulimit -S -c unlimited user1@debian:/home/user1$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo chmod not working through script

Legends, I am trying sudo chmod from one shell to different machine. but getting the error. Please let me know if there is any way to do this. A#pk} for i in Bl1 Brl1 >> do >> echo $i >> ssh $i sudo chmod 755 /etc/services >> done Bl1 Password: bash: sudo: command not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo inside a here document not working

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost <<REMOTE... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
13 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo is not working properly

This is the first time for using sudo for me. # visudo ## Allows people in group admin to run all commands %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL # groupadd admin # useradd temp # usermod -a -G admin temp # id temp uid=506(temp) gid=506(temp) groups=506(temp),507(admin) # #sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically run commands after SSH and SUDO not working?

I'm working on a script to SSH and SUDO as (sap user sidadm) then automatically run commands that the sidadm user can run such as R3trans -v, tp, etc.. I can SSH without password and SUDO.. but the commands don't run after I SSH and SUDO to the sidadm user...here is the commands that I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo Not working on Solaris 10

Hi All, im a bit new to Solaris 10 iv been working on Redhat and cant seem to get the sudo working on Solaris 10:D Iv installed the below packages via pkgadd command: gcc-4.7.2-sol10-x86-local libiconv-1.14-sol10-x86-local libintl-3.4.0-sol10-x86-local sudo-1.8.13-sol10-x86-local ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SolarisRSA
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo not working on LDAP client machine

Hi, I have configured ldap manually on solaris 10/11 machine with below entries: # ldapclient list |grep sudo NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= sudoers:ou=SUDOers,dc=exm,dc=ple,dc=com # cat /etc/nsswitch.conf |grep -i sudo sudoers: files ldap # But groups available in LDAP server... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
8 Replies
krbservicesetup(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					krbservicesetup(8)

NAME
krbservicesetup -- Kerberos -- Open Directory Single Sign On SYNOPSIS
krbservicesetup [-r REALM] -a admin_name [-p password] [-t keytab] [-f setup_file] [service_type service_principal] DESCRIPTION
krbservicesetup is used by sso_util to configure Kerberized services on the current host. It uses kadmin to add service principals to the KDC database and create the krb5.keytab file. And then edits/creates the config files of the given service to use the proper service principal. krbservicesetup knows how to configure the FTP, AFP, POP, IMAP, SMTP and SSH services shipped by Apple in Mac OS X 10.3 krbservicesetup takes either a service_type, service_principal pair or a plist file with a list of services to configure. The plist file also allows more control over the options used when creating the principals. krbservicesetup arguments: -x Use kadmin.local instead of kadmin. -r REALM The Kerberos realm of the server -a admin_name Name of an administrator with priveleges to add principals to the KDC -p password Password for the above user -t keytab The path of the keytab file to write -f setup_file The path of the plist file containing the list of services to be configured service_type service_principal A single service to configure The service_types understood by krbservicesetup are: afp Apple Filing Protocol ftp File Transfer Protocol imap IMAP mail protocol pop POP mail protocol smtp SMTP mail protocol ssh Secure Shell The plist file format used by krbservicesetup consists of a couple of optional boolean flag items and an array of dictionaries representing the services to be configured. noConfig - Boolean Flag indicating that just the service principals should be created in the KDC configOnly - Boolean Flag indicating that the services need to be configured Services - array of dictionaries Array of service dictionaries to be configured serviceType - string Type of the service (see above for definitions) servicePrincipal - string Kerberos principal name for the service option - Boolean Options passed on to the add_princ command within kadmin If the boolean value is true, the option passed to kadmin is the option name with a '+' prepended. If the value is false a '-' is prepended option - string Options passed on to the add_princ command within kadmin If the key is foo and the string value is bar then the option passed in the add_princ command is "-foo bar" The options for the add_princ command are detailed in the man page for kadmin Some of the possibly options are restricted specifically the pw and needchange commands are ignored. Every service principal is generated with the randkey option. FILES
/etc/krb5.keytab The file where Kerberos stores the service principals for the services on this host DIAGNOSTICS
You can add -v debug_level to the krbservicesetup command. Debug level 1 provides status information, higher levels add progressivly more levels of detail. EXAMPLES
It is better to use the configure command in sso_util to configure multiple services. Here is an example of using krbservicesetup to config- ure a FTP server in the realm FOO.ORG krbservicesetup -r FOO.ORG -a admin -p password ftp ftp/myhost.foo.org@FOO.ORG (the above should be all on one line) NOTES
The krbservicesetup tool is used by the Apple Single Sign On system to set up Kerberized services integrated with the rest of the Single Sign On components. SEE ALSO
kadmin(8), kdcsetup(8), sso_util(8) Darwin June 2, 2019 Darwin