Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files based on a pattern Post 302662255 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 11:23:22 AM
Old 06-26-2012
Where are the files located - what is the FULL name of one MIM file:
Code:
# short name 
MIM
# full name - the directory names are pretend, they will be different on your machine
/somedirectory/data/Sunday/MIM

If they are all over everywhere use / the root directory.
Code:
find / -name MIM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from one location to another based on a list

I have a text list of about 3,000 file names (image files), which exist on a server and that I want to copy over to another location. I understand the Unix cp code, but what's the string to have it copy multiple files based on an external list? Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebornhonest
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List only files based on a pattern

Hi Gurus, I need to list only the files with out certain extension. For eg from the following list of files: I need to only list: Thanks Shash (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 3 files based on a pattern

HI, I have 3 files that contain the following information (sql output from Oracle database stored in a txt file): File1.txt : alter table "SYS"."INT_COST_PRICE" enable row movement; alter table "SYS"."INT_SOH" enable row movement; alter table "SYSMAN"."XX_ACI_SKURTP" enable row movement;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files with a specific pattern

Hi All I am trying to copy files from one location to another and given below are some sample ones: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_cost_code_20140330.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_revenue_zone_20140329.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_benefit_extract_20140330.csv.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_profit_zone_20150509.csv.gz... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files based on pattern

Hi All, I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area. all contents which are under /* */ are commented all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to directories based on first 6 character

guys, i did create a script but its too long, though it function the same. # cat nightlyscan.sh #!/usr/ksh deyt=`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` for i in `ls -lrt|grep $deyt|awk '{print $9}'` do cp -f $i /S1/Sophos/logger/ done # but i did not paste it all. this is the desired. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from files based on file pattern

I want to extract dates from the files and i have different types of files with pattern. I have list file with the patterns and want to date extract based on it in a sh script Files in the directory : file1_20160101.txt file2_20160101_abc.txt filexyz20160101.txt list file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
2 Replies
LOSELF(3)						 MBK LOGICAL STRUCTURE DEFINITIONS						 LOSELF(3)

NAME
loself - mbk logical inductor DESCRIPTION
The loself is used to describe a logical inductor. The created inductor is a functional logical inductor, not a parasitic inductor. For the time being, only MIM (i.e. metal) inductor type is supported. The declarations needed to work on loself are available in the header file "/labo/include/mlo.h". The following C structure supports the description of the logical inductor : typedef struct loself { struct loself *NEXT ; struct locon *SCON1 ; struct locon *SCON2 ; char *NAME ; double SELF ; char TYPE ; struct ptype *USER ; } loself_list ; NEXT Pointer to the next loself of the list. SCON1 Pointer to the scon1 connector of the inductor. This connector is, of course unique. See locon(3) for details. SCON2 Pointer to the scon2 connector of the inductor. This connector is, of course unique. See locon(3) for details. NAME Inductor instance name SELF Inductance value TYPE Layer type of the inductor. One legal values is available : SELFMIM Metal inductor. USER Pointer to a ptype list, see ptype(3) for details, that is a general purpose pointer used to share informations on the inductor. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), addloself(3), getloself(3), delloself(3), setloself(3), locon(3), lofig(3), ptype(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 14, 2002 LOSELF(3)