Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Replace a value in the file that start with quotes Post 302661613 by chandu123 on Monday 25th of June 2012 12:45:38 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Once the value is inserted i will be running a related job for which I have tested command and is running fine. Please help me with insert code. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace spaces between quotes with a variable

I have lines with: elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?edificationtube.com$|www.edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.net edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.com edificationtube.net") { elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?collegecontender.com$|www.collegecontender.com collegecontenders.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace double quotes in to ascii value?

Hi, I am getting the data from text file and it contains comma and double quootes. Eg: text file like this: Travelling up Cattai Ridge Rd, going through the "S" bends at the top. Felt a "pull" and pain in groin area, on right side after lifting at work. Repeat "twisting" while working manual... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh4851
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is books.amazon=NONFOUND pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiano
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes

Hi All, I need to serach and replace a strings between single quote in a file. My file has : location='/data1/test.log' and the output needed is location='/data2/test_dir/test.log' pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk. I have a script, but it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space within quotes

i have an output that i receive and it looks like this: echo '/var/FTPROOT/px/sci/archive/20171102070057904-DY_DC04_Daily Inventory Sync-en-us.csv' '/var/FTPROOT/px/sci/archive/20171102070058291-DY_DC07_Daily Inventory Sync-en-us.csv' what i want to do is replace the spaces in the file names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
vm-install-jobs(8)					      System Manager's Manual						vm-install-jobs(8)

NAME
vm-install-jobs - queries and manages VM creation jobs that were started by vm-install SYNOPSIS
vm-install-jobs [options ...] DESCRIPTION
VMs may be created by vm-install interactively, or as backgrounded jobs. The vm-install-jobs command manages backgrounded VM creation jobs. OPTIONS
--cancel job-id Cancels the specified job. If the VM is still running, it is stopped. This command may return before the VM is completely stopped or the vm-install process has completely exited. The job is not implicitly deleted, so that the cancelation progress may be observed. --delete job-id Deletes the specified job. The job must be in one of the FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED states. The VM's configuration is deleted, as are any disks that were created during the job. --detach job-id Detaches the created VM from the specified job. The job must be in the FINISHED state. The job is deleted, but the VM's configura- tion and its disks are left intact. --list Lists all known VM creation jobs, by ID. One job ID is output per line. --status job-id Outputs the status of the specified job. JOB STATES
Every job is always in one of the following states: 0: SETTINGS 1: PREP_INSTALL 2: INSTALL 3: POST_INSTALL 4: RUNTIME_CONF 5: RUNTIME 6: FINISHED 7: FAILED 8: CANCELED The normal progression is from state 0 to state 6. States 6, 7, and 8 are terminal states. JOB STATUS
Querying the job status will print (to stdout) a number of key/value pairs. The possible keys and their meanings are: exit The exit code of the VM creation job. This key is only present once the job is in one of the states FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED. To interpret the meaning of the exit code, see vm-install(8) id The job ID. Always present. inotify A filename to monitor (via inotify(7) ) for state changes. The recommended inotify mask to use is IN_CLOSE_WRITE. Always present. log The location of the log file. Always present. pid The process ID of the VM creation job. This key is only present if the VM creation process is still running. The PID is used internally to cancel the job. state The job's current state. See JOB STATES. Always present. uuid The VM's UUID. This key is only present once all of the VM's settings have been gathered. vnc The last known location to view the VM's console via VNC. Note that the presence of this key does not guarantee that the VM is cur- rently running. When no authentication is necessary, the URL will be ip::port. If authentication is necessary, the URL will be username:password@ip::port. DIAGNOSTICS
A zero exit code indicates success; non-zero indicates failure. Note that the exit code of this tool indicates the success of the job management command. It does not represent the success or failure of the job itself. SEE ALSO
To interpret the exit code of a job or of this command, see vm-install(8) To monitor state changes of jobs, see inotify(7) To report problems with this software or its documentation, visit http://bugzilla.novell.com 2007-02-01 vm-install-jobs(8)