Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Single command pipe
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Single command pipe Post 302661127 by dll_fpga on Sunday 24th of June 2012 11:39:01 PM
Old 06-25-2012
hi ,
thanks for the reply...
1) even though im getting a file ,that conatain the search file paths....
(./reports/all_violations)
2)im not able to browse to files using gf or enter key...
also how make find command to search only inside a particular directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pipe command

Hi All, I want to create a command that executes a text editor with the most recent file in the current current directory. So a good start to achieve this is : ls -lrt | cut -c55- | tail -1 which provides the name of the most recent file in a directory The problem is to pipe the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymous.nico
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pipe command

current dir : /home/sales ls -l abc.txt 17th aug bcd .txt 16t oct ------- ------ Total files : 100 if i want to move only those files dated 17 aug into another sub directory /home/sales/texas how do i pipe the result of 'ls' command to a 'mv' command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zomboo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use more than one MPE command STREAM with Unix command in a single shell?

Hello, I have problem in writing the shell script involving MPE command STREAM related to HP-UX and Unix command. Script is sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name1>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name2>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name3>' |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bosskr
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to use more than one MPE command STREAM with Unix command in a single shell?

Hello, I have problem in writing the shell script involving MPE command STREAM related to HP-UX and Unix command. Script is sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name1>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name2>' | 'SHOWJOB' | grep $HPJOBNUM" sh "nlshCMD 'STREAM <job name3>' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosskr
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I use pipe command ?

Hi My friends I have used this command to find files are modified within the past 24 hours and then many files are shown but I want transfer all these files to special directory by using pipe . can any one tell me what is the next step ? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command pipe

I am pretty new to UNIX. My client has a requirement where in a directory we have some files with somewhat similar name like test_XX.txt, test_XY.txt, test_XZ.txt, test_ZZ.txt, test_ZY.txt, test_ZX.txt, test_YY.txt......Out of these files few files have 0 bytes. Is there a way where we can go... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
7 Replies

7. Programming

Multiple children and single pipe

Greetings everyone, I need a bit of help in solving the following problem: I'm given an array of numbers and I have to compute the sum of the array elements using n processes, and the inter process communication has to be done with pipes(one pipe, to be exact). I managed to solve the problem... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ephesos
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe in command

Hello, I try to concatenate a command to execute. Sadly it throws an error. #!/bin/bash cd / cmd="find -name *.txt | awk '{ printf "FILE: "$1; system("less "$1);}' | egrep 'FILE:|$1'" echo "1." $($cmd) echo "2." $("$cmd") echo "3." `$cmd` echo "4." `"$cmd"`1.&3. 'find: paths must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to squeeze multiple pipe character '|' into single '|' using sed?

Hi, I am trying to convert multiple Unix pipe symbol or bar into single |. I have tried with the following sed statements, but, no success :(. I need it using sed only echo "sed 's/\|\+/\|/g' sed 's/*/\|/' sed 's/\|*/|/' sed -r 's/\|+/\|/' However, the below awk code is working fine.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim73/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim73/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)