Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script/command to find the common element from 2 reports Post 302660707 by dll_fpga on Saturday 23rd of June 2012 12:22:50 AM
Old 06-23-2012
hi agama,
Please ignore my previous report
The startpoint will be always same but the endpoint is different ,across various reports and im looking for a search between "clock network delay(propagated)" and "data arrival time" ....to find the element which is common in both reports(reports are seperated by ++,for viewing purpose..)
For eg:here it is
(TC81) to (TC83)
afterwards it is different for the first 2 report...
so i should get the output as TC83
I need a command/script to find the common element across multiple reports...ie till what point both are same
for this example the command/script should give output as TC83

Code:
Startpoint: ff1
               (rising edge-triggered flip-flop clocked by CLK1)
 Endpoint: ff2
               (rising clock gating-check end-point clocked by CLK2)
  Path Group: **clock_gating_default**
  Path Type: min

Point                                                                                                                   Incr       Path
   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  clock CLK1 (rise edge)                                                                                                                                                                  
clock network delay (propagated)                                                                             
 (TC81)                        
 (TC82)                     
 (TC83)                         
 (TC84)                       
 (TC85)                           
  data arrival time                                                                                                         

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  data required time                                                                                                              128.222
  data arrival time                                                                                                                -50.561
  slack (VIOLATED)                                                                                                               -12.661

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Startpoint: ff1
 Endpoint: ff4
               (rising clock gating-check end-point clocked by CLK4)
  Path Group: **clock_gating_default**
  Path Type: min

Point                                                                                                                   Incr       Path
  clock CLK1 (rise edge)                                                                                       
  clock network delay (propagated)                                                                             
 (TC81)                        
 (TC82)                     
 (TC83)                         
 (M4)                       
 (M5)                           
                                                                                                   data arrival time 
  data required time                                                                                                              12.222
  data arrival time                                                                                                                -5.561
  slack (VIOLATED)                                                                                                               -1.661

Quote:
Originally Posted by agama
From my point of view the first difference between the two occurs at the second line:

Code:

is not the same in the second report output.

Are you only interested in differences after Point Incr Path maybe?

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-23-2012 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why command df and du reports different output?

There a mismatch between df and du outputs Both df and du reporting different output. It is confusing. the answer that I get is that Open file descriptor is main causes of such wrong information. For example if file is open by third party application OR by a user and same file is deleted, both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to find common strings in two files

Hi , I want to write a simple script. I have two files file1: BCSpeciality Backend CB CBAPQualDisp CBCimsVFTRCK CBDSNQualDisp CBDefault CBDisney CBFaxMCGen CBMCGeneral CBMCQualDisp file2: CSpeciality Backend (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find NOT common strings in two files

Hi all, I'd like you to help or give any advise about the following: I have two (2) files, file1 and file2, both files have information common to each other. The contents of file1 is a subset of the contents of file2: file1: errormsgadmin esdp esgservices esignipa iprice ipvpn irm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find NOT common strings in two files

Hi all, I'd like you to help or give any advise about the following: I have two (2) files, file1 and file2, both files have information common to each other. The contents of file1 is a subset of the contents of file2: file1: errormsgadmin esdp esgservices esignipa iprice ipvpn irm... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find root element name of XML file

Given this XML: <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <cd> <title>Empire Burlesque</title> <artist>Bob Dylan</artist> <country>USA</country> <company>Columbia</company> <price>10.90</price> <year>1985</year> </cd> <cd> <title>Hide your heart</title> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if XML element has a matching required element

I want to check if every <Part> element has corresponding <Description> in this sample XML. ....<Lot Of XML> <Inv lineNumber="2"> <Item> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script/command to find the common element from 2 reports

Please see the below reports.... The startpoint will be always same but the endpoint is different ,across various reports and im looking for a search between "clock network delay(propagated)" and "data arrival time" ....to find the element which is common in both reports(reports are seperated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common entries

Hi all I have to compare two files and find common entries First file is like this XVY CVY ZYN MNA In second file I have to search these entries in even number of columns 5 XVY 7 hdfj 8 CVY 9 if there is common entries then out put shuld be 5 XVY(approved) 7 hdfj 8... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find common lines and replace next line

I want to find common line in two files and replace the next line of first file with the next line of second file. (sed,awk,perl,bash any solution is welcomed ) Case Ignored. Multiple Occurrence of same line. File 1: hgacdavd sndm,ACNMSDC msgid "Rome" msgstr "" kgcksdcgfkdsb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madira
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first n element by matching IDs

Hi All I have a problem that I am not able to resolve. Briefly, I have a file like this: ID_1 10 ID_2 15 ID_3 32 ID_4 45 ID_5 66 ID_6 79 ID_7 88This file is numerically ordered for the 2th column. And another file containing a list of IDs(just one in this example) ID_4What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
7 Replies