Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print the lines between the pattern using awk/grep/sed? Post 302660689 by agama on Friday 22nd of June 2012 10:48:43 PM
Old 06-22-2012
Have a go with this:

Code:
awk '
    function print_last(    i )
    {
        if( keep )
            for( i = 0; i < cidx; i++ )
                print cache[i];
        printf( "\n" );                 # extra whitespace
    }

/hotelCancelReservation request:/ { print_last( ); cidx = keep = 0 }
    /errorCode=1008/ { keep = 1; }
    { cache[cidx++] = $0; }

END { print_last( ); }
' input-file >output-file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to awk/sed/grep lines which contains a pattern at a given position

Dear friends I am new to linux and was trying to split some files userwise in our linux server. I have a data file of 156 continuous columns named ecscr final. I want the script to redirect all the lines containing a pattern of 7 digits to separate files. I was using grep to do that,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the above and below lines for the grep pattern.

Hi, i would like to get the above and below lines of the grep pattern . For ex : file as below: chk1- aaaa 1-Nov chk2 -aaaa ########## chk1-bbbbbb 1-Nov chk2-bbbbbb ######### my search pattern is date : 1-Nov i need the o/p as below chk1- aaaa 1-Nov (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Grep Pattern and print help

I wanted to get outcome from a big file with pattern quoted: Line FSP LSP SR RL Test1 100 300 4 4000 Test2 1 300 2 300 Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtsiahaan
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed print range of lines between line number and pattern

Hi, I have a file as below This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> This is the line three This is the line four <\XMLTAG> Output of the SED command need to be as below. This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> Please do the need to needful to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMN
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print all lines after a pattern is found

Is there a way with aw to print all lines after a string is found There is a file like this ....... ........ 2012/19/11 :11.58 PM some data lne no date 2012/19/11 :11.59 PM some other data 2012/20/11 :12.00 AM some other data some line without dates some more lines without dates... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

9. AIX

Grep a pattern and print following n lines

Hi all, I am struck with the below requirement. I need to grep a particular pattern in a file and then print next n lines of it for further processing. I have used the below code grep -A 3 "pattern" filename But it is throwing error as below. grep: illegal option -- A Can... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
KSWITCH(1)						      General Commands Manual							KSWITCH(1)

NAME
kswitch - switch primary credential cache SYNOPSIS
kswitch {-c cachename | -p principal} DESCRIPTION
kswitch makes the specified credential cache the primary cache for the collection, if a cache collection is available. OPTIONS
-c cachename directly specifies the credential cache to be made primary. -p principal causes the cache collection to be searched for a cache containing credentials for principal. If one is found, that col- lection is made primary. ENVIRONMENT
kswitch uses the following environment variables: KRB5CCNAME Location of the default Kerberos 5 credentials (ticket) cache, in the form type:residual. If no type prefix is present, the FILE type is assumed. The type of the default cache may determine the availability of a cache collection; for instance, a default cache of type DIR causes caches within the directory to be present in the collection. FILES
/tmp/krb5cc_[uid] default location of Kerberos 5 credentials cache ([uid] is the decimal UID of the user). SEE ALSO
kinit(1), kdestroy(1), klist(1), kerberos(1) KSWITCH(1)