Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep: Searching with a regex that contains a variable from an array Post 302660685 by spacebar on Friday 22nd of June 2012 08:55:35 PM
Old 06-22-2012
Try this:
Code:
$ stuff[0]="foo"; grep -e "^\[\"Item\",\"${stuff[0]}\"," test.txt
["Item","foo",

This User Gave Thanks to spacebar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching array of arrays in perl

Suppose there are two arrays of arrays: @A = ( , , , ); @B = ( , , , , ); For each of $A, $A, $A..., I want to find the corresponding one in @B (match the letter, like $A eq $B), and print out both the second item, for example, $A and $B. How can I do this in perl? grep + map? Hope I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zx1106
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for array in large list of files

I tried to make the title/subject detailed, but well.. have to keep it short as well. I am wanting to take a large list of strings, and search through a large list of files to hopefully find numerous matches. I am not sure the quickest way to do this though. // List of files file1.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl grep array against array

Hi, Is there any way I can grep an array against another array? Basically here's what I need to do. There will be an array containing some fixed texts and I have to check whether some files contain these lines. Reading the same files over and over again for each different pattern doesnt seem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert an array element within regex?

Hello to all, I'm trying to separate the string "str" using a regex within match function. The substrings that I want to separate, begin with 22, 23, 24 or 25 and followed by 12 or 14 characters. And I want to replace 22 with MJS, 23 with UYT, 24 with WER and 25 with PIL. For this string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Searching array

I'am writing a program in C language and my code is working perfectly i just need to add a search to it ... My code lets users add companies, and then display them on screen... i would like to add a search that allows user to type company name and then displayall its info on the screen !! THANK... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloushi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest alternatives to flattening a non-uniform nested array with regex?

Hello, I'm looking at simplfying a function that flattens an array, it uses recursion and filters objects by type but this seems to be a waste of resources to me at least, using conditionals like this seems like a bad idea. The array can be a generic type, int, string, float but not some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies
load_dat_font(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_dat_font(3alleg4)

NAME
load_dat_font - Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *load_dat_font(const char *filename, RGB *pal, void *param) DESCRIPTION
Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. You can set param parameter to point to an array that holds two strings that identify the font and the palette in the datafile by name. The first string in this list is the name of the font. You can pass NULL here to just load the first font found in the datafile. The second string can be used to specify the name of the palette associated with the font. This is only returned if the pal parameter is not NULL. If you pass NULL for the name of the palette, the last palette found before the font was found is returned. You can also pass NULL for param, which is treated as if you had passed NULL for both strings separately. In this case, the function will simply load the first font it finds from the datafile and the palette that precedes it. For example, suppose you have a datafile named `fonts.dat' with the following contents: FONT FONT_1_DATA FONT FONT_2_DATA FONT FONT_3_DATA PAL FONT_1_PALETTE PAL FONT_2_PALETTE Then the following code will load FONT_1_DATA as a FONT and return FONT_1_PALETTE as the palette: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_1_DATA", "FONT_1_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If instead you want to load the second font, FONT_2, from the datafile, you would use: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_2_DATA", "FONT_2_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If you want to load the third font, but not bother with a palette, use: FONT *f; char *names[] = { "FONT_3_DATA", NULL } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", NULL, names); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
register_font_file_type(3alleg4), load_font(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_dat_font(3alleg4)