Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Repeat a command on linux without typing Post 302659903 by jacobs.smith on Thursday 21st of June 2012 02:47:25 PM
Old 06-21-2012
Repeat a command on linux without typing

Hi,

I would like to run the clear command, for every 10 times I hit the enter button. Is there a way to track the number of times the enter button is hit and run the clear command?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repeat a command in a shell

Hi there, i would like to repeat a command in a shell sript (bash) the script starts with a menu to choose a menu point to do something .... on the end of the script i would like to restart the programm to choose the menu points on the beginning. I would also make a sript that send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different in typing command and using shell script

Wondering why belows code works fine if i type in the command prompt but it seems not executed when i code them in a file with additional if-then-else statement. #!/bin/sh . $HOME/.profile pid=`ps -ef | grep -w XELstnr | grep -v grep | awk {'print $2'}` if then echo "Stopping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draculla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat last entered command ?

Hi, how to do that ? I mean only print it but not execute. I'm using putty to interact with ksh. (in windows cmd up arrow does the job) thanks vilius (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Completing Command Entry without Typing

Hi, In my UNIX (KSH) sytem, in order to Complete Command Entry without Typing the whole path or name, I have to use ESC+\ where as I am used to press TAB key to do the same. Can anyone tell me where we need to change the settings of the keyboard combination so that when I press TAB key the file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Repeat output of last command w/o repeating last command

Is there a way to repeat the output of the last command for filtering without running the command again? All I could think of was to copy all the data to a text file and process it that way, is there another way? Like say I want to grep server.server.lan from a dtrace that was pages long after I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

fsck repeat error in linux kernel 2.6

Hi, When I boot the linux kernel 2.6 , I was kicked out and request to run fsck manually. After running fsck -y /dev/vg00/lvol3 and /dev/vg00/lvol4 and reboot, I still get the same error and request me to run fsck . I attach the console output in here . Please advice to fix it .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command for one sec

How to repeat the execution of a simple command like the following for 1 sec ? echo Hi The completion time for the command is not known, but we need to calculate the number of times this commans executes successfully within 1 sec. Thanks Kumarjit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
5 Replies

9. Programming

Java: Repeat a command

I came across a site to learn java and they give you practice problems to do. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this since I am totally new to Java. Here is the first problem: Write a program that will read in a name from the command line and write it out 100 times. Thank you for any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Repeat history command?

Assume i have typed 4 commands in the past like vi `ls -t |head -n 1` tail -2 test.txt ls -lrt | grep "/etc/profile.d" pwd Now if i type r p it should execute the command "pwd" likewise r t should execute tail -2 test.txt. Note: esc k and using up arrow and down arrow will get this work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramanareddygv
3 Replies
CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)						   User Commands						 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)

NAME
cd-hit-para.pl - divide a big clustering job into pieces to run cd-hit or cd-hit-est jobs SYNOPSIS
cd-hit-para.pl options DESCRIPTION
This script divide a big clustering job into pieces and submit jobs to remote computers over a network to make it parallel. After all the jobs finished, the script merge the clustering results as if you just run a single cd-hit or cd-hit-est. You can also use it to divide big jobs on a single computer if your computer does not have enough RAM (with -L option). Requirements: 1 When run this script over a network, the directory where you run the scripts and the input files must be available on all the remote hosts with identical path. 2 If you choose "ssh" to submit jobs, you have to have passwordless ssh to any remote host, see ssh manual to know how to set up passwordless ssh. 3 I suggest to use queuing system instead of ssh, I currently support PBS and SGE 4 cd-hit cd-hit-2d cd-hit-est cd-hit-est-2d cd-hit-div cd-hit-div.pl must be in same directory where this script is in. Options -i input filename in fasta format, required -o output filename, required --P program, "cd-hit" or "cd-hit-est", default "cd-hit" --B filename of list of hosts, requred unless -Q or -L option is supplied --L number of cpus on local computer, default 0 when you are not running it over a cluster, you can use this option to divide a big clustering jobs into small pieces, I suggest you just use "--L 1" unless you have enough RAM for each cpu --S Number of segments to split input DB into, default 64 --Q number of jobs to submit to queue queuing system, default 0 by default, the program use ssh mode to submit remote jobs --T type of queuing system, "PBS", "SGE" are supported, default PBS --R restart file, used after a crash of run -h print this help More cd-hit/cd-hit-est options can be speicified in command line Questions, bugs, contact Weizhong Li at liwz@sdsc.edu cd-hit-para.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 CD-HIT-PARA.PL(1)