Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help with C in linux Ubuntu 12.04 Post 302659273 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 03:53:42 PM
Old 06-20-2012
I agree - but he does not need the "\n" character, that is a control code sequence.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount a new disk on ubuntu linux?

Hello, I am fairly new to ubuntu and have been learning linux using this distro. I am using Ubuntu 11.04 server. Recently I added a new HD to the desktop.. however I know I need to mount it, My question is how would I mount this disk? so I can use it as a drive? Thanks here are my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Modifying PATH (LINUX, Ubuntu)

Hello, I'm a newbi to Unix and the last few weeks I have been trying to learn Unix through a book called Unix in 24 hours. I have tried advanced shell programming (that's what the chapter is called) today and what the excersise was all about was to create mylocate - a version of locate that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tolmac
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Application clustering in Linux Ubuntu

Dear, Please help me to configure application clustering in linux ubuntu. Application is running apache server. Please help Jewel ---------- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:48 PM ---------- linuxvirtualserver dot org in this link i go there's three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel100
2 Replies
mbstowcs(3int)															    mbstowcs(3int)

Name
       mbstowcs - converts a sequence of multibyte characters into a sequence of characters of type wchar_t.

Syntax
       #include <stdlib.h>)

size_t mbstowcs (pwcs, s, n)
       wchar_t *pwcs;
       const char *s;
       size_t n;

Arguments
       pwcs    The pwcs argument is a pointer to the resulting wide character string.

s       The s argument is a pointer to the multibyte character sequence.

n       The n argument is the maximum number of resulting wide characters stored in pwcs.

Description
       The  function converts a sequence of multibyte characters from the array pointed to by s into a sequence of characters of type wchar_t, and
       stores not more than n characters into the array pointed to by pwcs. No multibyte characters that follow a null character  (which  is  con-
       verted  into a code with value zero) are examined or converted. No more than n elements are modified in the array pointed to by pwcs.  This
       function is affected by the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale.

Return Values
       If an invalid multibyte character is encountered, the function returns (size_t) -1.  Otherwise, the function returns the  number  of  array
       elements modified, not including a terminating null character, if any. The array will not be null-terminated if the value returned is n.

See Also
       mblen(3int), mbtowc(3int), setlocale(3int), wctomb(3int), wcstombs(3int)

mbstowcs(3int)