Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write Post 302659153 by molwiko on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 11:53:31 AM
Old 06-20-2012
Question Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write

Hi All
I am a new in scripting language and I would like help for you guys

I would like to create a file named constant.h and search into all files *.m in specific directory for a reg-exp
Code:
@"LBL_[[0-9]]+"

exp: @"LBL_75847" , and write those matchs to constant.h if there are not written (no duplication into the file constants) like this
Code:
NSString *const C_LBL_[[0-9]] = thematch; // exp NSString *const C_LBL_78784 = @"LBL_78784";

Code:
NSString *const C_LBL_[[0-9]] = thematch; // exp NSString *const C_LBL_78787 = @"LBL_78787";

moreover this script should also replace all matched
Code:
@"LBL_[[0-9]]+"

into *.m files with the constant var which is
Code:
 C_LBL_[[0-9]]+

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using reg. exp. variable in AWK??

Any idea please: How to pass a reg. exp. variable to awk call in a shell??? Thank u #!/bin/sh reg_exp=name awk '/reg_exp/{ print; }' $1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp question

Hi, Should be a difference between ']]*' and ']+' ? I use them in bash with sed and grep. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reg exp

Hi, I am using the following piece of code for extracting some data from in between some tags ... $text =~ /<TAG1>(.*)<\/TAG1>.*<TAG2>(.*)<\/TAG2>.*<TAG3>(.*)<\/TAG4>.*<TAG5>(.*)<\/TAG5>/; $tag1=$1; print "\n$tag1"; But I am getting an error like Use of uninitialized value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg-exp

$var1="LEN"; $VAR2="CODLENTT"; now, var2 contains var1(LEN).How do i check this in perl.... whether one string is a part of another..? if (<logic>) { my operation; } what'd be the logic.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need Help On REG EXP in unix

Respected All, I have a very big xml in that i want to search only below 3 lines. <target name ="UpgradePrimaryBox" depends ="configureBox1"> <echo> Finished Upgrading Primary Box </echo> </target> grep -i "<target.*UpgradePrimaryBox" this gives me the first line. then i need to match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - coloring reg. expressions in text

Hi all, is there anyone good at bash who will help me? I need to use syntax ${string/pattern/replacement} The problematic part where I am stuck is: #!bin/bash text="A cat is on a mat." exp="cat" newexp="SOMECODEcatSOMECODE" newtext=${${text}/${exp}/${newexp}} == > ERROR "wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyM77
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regular exp to replace the character in the file?

Hi Unix Gurus, yesterday I asked a question and got answer, it works fine. I have one more thing need to help in the code awk '{print substr($0,1,3)"xxx"substr($0,7)}' file If I have 50 charactor's need to be replaced, is there any easy way to use reg exp or I have to input 50 XXXXx......... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)