Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File access time issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat File access time issue Post 302658791 by Satyak on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 03:31:05 AM
Old 06-20-2012
Java File access time issue

Hi, I am facing a weird file access time issue on redHat5.x. I have a program which will scan the files in the NFS system and delete files which are older than 4 days, before deleting files program will print the access time of the file.

Some of the files are getting deleted which are not older than 4 days i.e.1 day (or) 2 days old. When we verified the logs for these files the access time of the files is 154400.4.
As the access time is more than 4 days program is deleting the file.

Can anyone please help with this issue.

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access time of a file

I thought that access time of a file is time when the file was run last time (or I read somewhere that it's time when system lookup the file -> but I'm not sure when it really is) How is it exactly? Thank you for help! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
11 Replies

2. AIX

File access issue through sftp/winscp

Hi, I have SSH where I want to restrict browsing for a user "drrep" to the assigned home directory only.So I have put a entry in the sshd_config file as “AllowFiles "drrep:/fcrarch/fl02r/*" as shown in the scrren below. But due to this setting none of the users are able to login through winscp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS Access Issue

Hi, I am facing issue on NFS. I have shared /data file file system on Server 192.192.192.1, added below lines in /etc/exports /data 192.192.192.2(rw,no_root_squash,sync) the owner of /data directory was test(uid 500) and same I have mounted on another server 192.192.192.2 where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. Programming

time access in C

I've a problem with time functions in C. I get current time and convert it to local time and gmt time. But their value seems to be same.I think I'm missing something.. #include <stdio.h> #include <memory.h> #include <time.h> int main() { time_t now_local, now_gmt; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need the last access time for a .gz file

i have file named aaaa. The file aaaa was zipped on one particular time. Need to know the command to find out when the file "aaaa" was actually zipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access time does not change on some files

Hey All, I want to get the access time of files in a directory. I used ls -lu on a directory and picked a file that had the access time of Mar 1 and used cat to get the contents of the file. Then I used the ls -lu again and the access time changed on that file. Perfect !! Now if I cat a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipulgupta0
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sudo access issue

Hi, I have given access to user mwadmin in shudders file as : mwadmin ALL:NOPASSWD:/www/* /usr/* /opt/* However, not able to execute below command: sudo mkdir -p /usr/test password for mwadmin: Sorry, user mwadmin is not allowed to execute '/bin/mkdir -p /usr/test' as root. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies
uucleanup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     uucleanup(1M)

NAME
uucleanup - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uucleanup [-Ctime] [-Dtime] [-mstring] [-otime] [-ssystem] [-Wtime] [-xdebug-level] [-Xtime] DESCRIPTION
uucleanup will scan the spool directories for old files and take appropriate action to remove them in a useful way: o Inform the requester of send/receive requests for systems that can not be reached. o Return undeliverable mail to the sender. o Deliver rnews files addressed to the local system. o Remove all other files. In addition, there is a provision to warn users of requests that have been waiting for a given number of days (default 1 day). Note: uucle- anup will process as if all option times were specified to the default values unless time is specifically set. This program is typically started by the shell uudemon.cleanup, which should be started by cron(1M). OPTIONS
-Ctime Remove any C. files greater or equal to time days old and send appropriate information to the requester (default 7 days). -Dtime Remove any D. files greater or equal to time days old, make an attempt to deliver mail messages, and execute rnews when appropriate (default 7 days). -mstring Include string in the warning message generated by the -W option. The default line is "See your local administrator to locate the problem". -otime Delete other files whose age is more than time days (default 2 days). -ssystem Execute for system spool directory only. -Wtime Any C. files equal to time days old will cause a mail message to be sent to the requester warning about the delay in con- tacting the remote. The message includes the JOBID, and in the case of mail, the mail message. The administrator may include a message line telling whom to call to check the problem (-m option) (default 1 day). -xdebug-level Produce debugging output on standard ouput. debug-level is a single digit between 0 and 9; higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. (This option may not be available on all systems.) -Xtime Any X. files greater or equal to time days old will be removed. The D. files are probably not present (if they were, the X. could get executed). But if there are D. files, they will be taken care of by D. processing (default 2 days). FILES
/usr/lib/uucp directory with commands used by uucleanup internally /var/spool/uucp spool directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uux(1C), cron(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 May 1993 uucleanup(1M)