Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request for horizontal formatting code Post 302658611 by joeyg on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 02:45:08 PM
Old 06-19-2012
So, you want to group every 27 lines? (27 * 4 = 108)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to code review Suggestions Plz

Hello All, I have 2 questions, 1) I am on Unix Sun Solaris korn shell, in my shell scripts i am using #!/bin/sh Instead of #!/bin/ksh, though it is still working is this correct way of doing and also I am saving the shell script file as abc.sh instead of abc.ksh, please let me know the best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting isql output to horizontal format

Hi I am formatting informix isql output(vertical) to horizontal format. Suppose I have the following content in the flat file from isql output - item_nbr 0 usfn_label Subscriber Class usfn_name SBCLASS usfn_value bl5 item_nbr 1 usfn_label Switch Name usfn_name switchName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file horizontal formatting

Hi folks, Please help me with csv file formatting which needs to be done in horizontal fashion. I have data coming in separate files every hour. What I need to do is extract three values into csv file. In the next hour, I need to extract the new values beside the three values which were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vharsha
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Code tag like formatting in Outlook?

Hi, Not a shell scripting question ,but searched a lot over google ..but no success. How do put codes in outlook 2007 mail messages in good manner like the code tags option while posting in this forum :). Apologies if the question is very irrelevant or the solution is very simple. Regds,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code request

Hi Perl Experts, I am new to Perl programming. can somebody please help me in writing Perl code for following "find and replace logic". i wanted to find following line in list of files in a given directory. ================================================ for(i=0;i <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)