Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request for horizontal formatting code Post 302658567 by necro98 on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 12:50:52 PM
Old 06-19-2012
Request for horizontal formatting code

The input file contains 4 bytes per row
Code:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12

I need to put them in a horizontal manner and this need to repeat after every 108 lines lso the output comes as
Code:
1 2 3  4 5  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ..... 108
1 2 3  4 5  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ..... 108

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment please format data with code tags

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 06-19-2012 at 02:01 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to code review Suggestions Plz

Hello All, I have 2 questions, 1) I am on Unix Sun Solaris korn shell, in my shell scripts i am using #!/bin/sh Instead of #!/bin/ksh, though it is still working is this correct way of doing and also I am saving the shell script file as abc.sh instead of abc.ksh, please let me know the best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting isql output to horizontal format

Hi I am formatting informix isql output(vertical) to horizontal format. Suppose I have the following content in the flat file from isql output - item_nbr 0 usfn_label Subscriber Class usfn_name SBCLASS usfn_value bl5 item_nbr 1 usfn_label Switch Name usfn_name switchName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file horizontal formatting

Hi folks, Please help me with csv file formatting which needs to be done in horizontal fashion. I have data coming in separate files every hour. What I need to do is extract three values into csv file. In the next hour, I need to extract the new values beside the three values which were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vharsha
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Code tag like formatting in Outlook?

Hi, Not a shell scripting question ,but searched a lot over google ..but no success. How do put codes in outlook 2007 mail messages in good manner like the code tags option while posting in this forum :). Apologies if the question is very irrelevant or the solution is very simple. Regds,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code request

Hi Perl Experts, I am new to Perl programming. can somebody please help me in writing Perl code for following "find and replace logic". i wanted to find following line in list of files in a given directory. ================================================ for(i=0;i <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ApacUser:Contributed Papache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::Resource(3)

NAME
Apache2::Resource - Limit resources used by httpd children Synopsis PerlModule Apache2::Resource # set child memory limit in megabytes # default is 64 Meg PerlSetEnv PERL_RLIMIT_DATA 32:48 # linux does not honor RLIMIT_DATA # RLIMIT_AS (address space) will work to limit the size of a process PerlSetEnv PERL_RLIMIT_AS 32:48 # set child cpu limit in seconds # default is 360 seconds PerlSetEnv PERL_RLIMIT_CPU 120 PerlChildInitHandler Apache2::Resource Description "Apache2::Resource" uses the "BSD::Resource" module, which uses the C function "setrlimit" to set limits on system resources such as memory and cpu usage. Any "RLIMIT" operation available to limit on your system can be set by defining that operation as an environment variable with a "PERL_" prefix. See your system "setrlimit" manpage for available resources which can be limited. The following limit values are in megabytes: "DATA", "RSS", "STACK", "FSIZE", "CORE", "MEMLOCK"; all others are treated as their natural unit. If the value of the variable is of the form "S:H", "S" is treated as the soft limit, and "H" is the hard limit. If it is just a single number, it is used for both soft and hard limits. Defaults To set reasonable defaults for all RLIMITs, add this to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv PERL_RLIMIT_DEFAULTS On PerlModule Apache2::Resource See Also BSD::Resource(3), setrlimit(2) Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Author Doug MacEachern perl v5.16.2 2011-0apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::Resource(3)