Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selective Output for my Script Post 302658527 by alister on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 11:29:03 AM
Old 06-19-2012
In case all you need is a pid:
Code:
pgrep -u scn '\.exe$'

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Cron task output is 0, script output is OK

I have the following cron task set to run every 15 minutes to ascertain how many users are in the system and append the result to the log. /home/pronto/cus/whoisinc >> /home/pronto/cus/whoisin.log This is the whoisinc script date +"%d-%m-%Y,%k:%M,Pronto Users,`prowho -s | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing

hi all from below text "abcd,SYS_12345,xyz,PQR, ," I want to print only "abcd,SYS,xyz,PQR, ," i.e. taking only first three 3 chars from 2 string of comma separated file thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeColeEPL9
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selective ls

Hi all :wall: Can anyone advise how do I use ls to do a selective amd sorted listing of file that I want to have as below? Am looking for files that are named as log_<nnnn>.txt, where <nnnn> are numeric, i.e. I want to have a listing sorted from the newest to the oldest of files that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output selective delimited data to a new file?

I have the following file which at times can be quite large so can be difficult to read, I need a script that just extracts particular delimited data and outputs to alternate file $cat fix1.log FIX4.4|0=12|55=LIT.L|48=123456|32=5|52=20111107-10:52:22.128|38=100|10=200| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script with selective file types only

i am looking for a backup script to be run in ssh which can move all *.php files only to a archive Eg. a folder has 5 sub folders with different file types, which can be mix of PDF, jpeg, gif etc etc. but the archive generated should only include the *.php files without breaking the directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netatma
3 Replies
PGREP(1)							   User Commands							  PGREP(1)

NAME
pgrep, pkill - look up or signal processes based on name and other attributes SYNOPSIS
pgrep [options] pattern pkill [options] pattern DESCRIPTION
pgrep looks through the currently running processes and lists the process IDs which match the selection criteria to stdout. All the crite- ria have to match. For example, $ pgrep -u root sshd will only list the processes called sshd AND owned by root. On the other hand, $ pgrep -u root,daemon will list the processes owned by root OR daemon. pkill will send the specified signal (by default SIGTERM) to each process instead of listing them on stdout. OPTIONS
-signal --signal signal Defines the signal to send to each matched process. Either the numeric or the symbolic signal name can be used. (pkill only.) -c, --count Suppress normal output; instead print a count of matching processes. When count does not match anything, e.g. returns zero, the command will return non-zero value. -d, --delimiter delimiter Sets the string used to delimit each process ID in the output (by default a newline). (pgrep only.) -f, --full The pattern is normally only matched against the process name. When -f is set, the full command line is used. -g, --pgroup pgrp,... Only match processes in the process group IDs listed. Process group 0 is translated into pgrep's or pkill's own process group. -G, --group gid,... Only match processes whose real group ID is listed. Either the numerical or symbolical value may be used. -i, --ignore-case Match processes case-insensitively. -l, --list-name List the process name as well as the process ID. (pgrep only.) -a, --list-full List the full command line as well as the process ID. (pgrep only.) -n, --newest Select only the newest (most recently started) of the matching processes. -o, --oldest Select only the oldest (least recently started) of the matching processes. -P, --parent ppid,... Only match processes whose parent process ID is listed. -s, --session sid,... Only match processes whose process session ID is listed. Session ID 0 is translated into pgrep's or pkill's own session ID. -t, --terminal term,... Only match processes whose controlling terminal is listed. The terminal name should be specified without the "/dev/" prefix. -u, --euid euid,... Only match processes whose effective user ID is listed. Either the numerical or symbolical value may be used. -U, --uid uid,... Only match processes whose real user ID is listed. Either the numerical or symbolical value may be used. -v, --inverse Negates the matching. This option is usually used in pgrep's context. In pkill's context the short option is disabled to avoid accidental usage of the option. -w, --lightweight Shows all thread ids instead of pids in pgrep's context. In pkill's context this option is disabled. -x, --exact Only match processes whose names (or command line if -f is specified) exactly match the pattern. -F, --pidfile file Read PID's from file. This option is perhaps more useful for pkill than pgrep. -L, --logpidfile Fail if pidfile (see -F) not locked. --ns pid Match processes that belong to the same namespaces. Required to run as root to match processes from other users. See --nslist for how to limit which namespaces to match. --nslist name,... Match only the provided namespaces. Available namespaces: ipc, mnt, net, pid, user,uts. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. OPERANDS
pattern Specifies an Extended Regular Expression for matching against the process names or command lines. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Find the process ID of the named daemon: $ pgrep -u root named Example 2: Make syslog reread its configuration file: $ pkill -HUP syslogd Example 3: Give detailed information on all xterm processes: $ ps -fp $(pgrep -d, -x xterm) Example 4: Make all netscape processes run nicer: $ renice +4 $(pgrep netscape) EXIT STATUS
0 One or more processes matched the criteria. 1 No processes matched. 2 Syntax error in the command line. 3 Fatal error: out of memory etc. NOTES
The process name used for matching is limited to the 15 characters present in the output of /proc/pid/stat. Use the -f option to match against the complete command line, /proc/pid/cmdline. The running pgrep or pkill process will never report itself as a match. BUGS
The options -n and -o and -v can not be combined. Let me know if you need to do this. Defunct processes are reported. SEE ALSO
ps(1), regex(7), signal(7), killall(1), skill(1), kill(1), kill(2) AUTHOR
Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no> REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng March 2015 PGREP(1)