Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selective Output for my Script Post 302658509 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 10:58:21 AM
Old 06-19-2012
Code:
ssh n111 -n "ps -u scn | grep [e]xe"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Cron task output is 0, script output is OK

I have the following cron task set to run every 15 minutes to ascertain how many users are in the system and append the result to the log. /home/pronto/cus/whoisinc >> /home/pronto/cus/whoisin.log This is the whoisinc script date +"%d-%m-%Y,%k:%M,Pronto Users,`prowho -s | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing

hi all from below text "abcd,SYS_12345,xyz,PQR, ," I want to print only "abcd,SYS,xyz,PQR, ," i.e. taking only first three 3 chars from 2 string of comma separated file thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeColeEPL9
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selective ls

Hi all :wall: Can anyone advise how do I use ls to do a selective amd sorted listing of file that I want to have as below? Am looking for files that are named as log_<nnnn>.txt, where <nnnn> are numeric, i.e. I want to have a listing sorted from the newest to the oldest of files that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output selective delimited data to a new file?

I have the following file which at times can be quite large so can be difficult to read, I need a script that just extracts particular delimited data and outputs to alternate file $cat fix1.log FIX4.4|0=12|55=LIT.L|48=123456|32=5|52=20111107-10:52:22.128|38=100|10=200| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script with selective file types only

i am looking for a backup script to be run in ssh which can move all *.php files only to a archive Eg. a folder has 5 sub folders with different file types, which can be mix of PDF, jpeg, gif etc etc. but the archive generated should only include the *.php files without breaking the directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netatma
3 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)