Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting awk output depending on grep result Post 302658019 by Scrutinizer on Monday 18th of June 2012 03:10:24 PM
Old 06-18-2012
If there are 19 fields (NF==19) then record $8 and $12 in variables, say v1 and v2 and print $8,$12,$16 . If NF==9 then print v1, v2 and $4.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: clarified it a little bit..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting patterns from the results of grep

Hi All, I'm struggling with a problem that I'm wondering (and hoping!) that someone can help me with. I have a number of .xml files which I'm using grep to search for the string 'include'. I need to extract the value of the include from the grep result. For example, on any given file, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_altius
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit status depending on output

Hi I have a script that does a select from a table. I want the script to return a 0 status if a specific column has 'OK' value or return 1 if this column returns 'NOT OK'. The output now is similar to: COL1 COL2 STATUS ------- --------- ------- I want to be limited to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output to a different text file depending source of data

I have a list of DNS servers I need to look up information on. Each of these servers has a master and a slave database. Essentially what I need to do is create two text files for each server. One with the Master view and one with the Slave view. There's 20 servers, in the end I should have 40 text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output block of lines in a file based on grep result

Hi I would appreciate your help with this. I have a output file from a command. It is broken based on initial of the users. Exmaple of iitials MN & SS. Under each section there is information pertaining to the user however each section can have different number of lines. MY challenge is to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use bash command on awk field and output the result

Hello, I want to run a field from an awk command through a command in bash. For example my input file is 1,2,3 20,30,40 60,70,80 I want tot run $2 thought the command date +%d/%m/%y -d"01/01/15 + $2 days -1 day" and get the output 1,02/01/15,3 20,30/01/15,40 60,11/03/15,80 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 columns from the same file and print a value depending on the result

Hello Unix gurus, I have a file with this format (example values): label1 1 0 label2 1 0 label3 0.4 0.6 label4 0.5 0.5 label5 0.1 0.9 label6 0.9 0.1 in which: column 1 is a row label column 2 and 3 are values I would like to do a simple operation on this table and get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to file result not as expected

Hi Gurus, I run command grep ABC file1 > file2 against below file. I got all ABC_xxx in one line in file2. I expect to get multiple lines in file2. If I print result in screen, the result is expected. thanks in advance My os is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ABC_123 XXXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
innoextract(1)						      General Commands Manual						    innoextract(1)

NAME
innoextract - tool to extract installers created by Inno Setup SYNOPSIS
innoextract [-behlLqstv] [-ccolor] [-pprogress] installers ... DESCRIPTION
innoextract is a tool that can extract installer executables created by Inno Setup. innoextract will extract files from a installers specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part installer with external data files, only the executable (.exe) file needs to be given as an argument to innoex- tract. OPTIONS
-c --color [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable color output accord- ingly. Pass 1 or true to --color to force color output. Pass 0 or false to never output color codes. --dump Don't convert Windows paths to UNIX paths and don't substitute variables in paths. -e --extract Extract all files to the current directory. This is the default action. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -h --help Show a list of the supported options. --language [lang] Extract only language-independent files and files for the given language. By default all files are extracted. --license Show license information. -l --list List files contained in the installer but don't extract anything. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -L --lowercase Convert filenames stored in the installer to lower-case before extracting. -p --progress [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable progress bar output accordingly. Pass 1 or true to --progress to force progress bar output. Pass 0 or false to never show a progress bar. -q --quiet Less verbose output. -s --silent Don't output anything except errors and warnings. -t --test Test archive integrity but don't write any output files. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -v --version Show the innoextract version number and supported Inno Setup versions. LIMITATIONS
innoextract currently only supports extracting all the data. There is no support for extracting individual files, components or languages. Included scripts and checks are not executed. Data is always extracted to the current directory and the mapping from Inno Setup variables like the application directory to subdirecto- ries is hard-coded. innoextract does not check if an installer includes multiple files with the same name and will continually overwrite the destination file when extracting. Names for data files in multi-file installers must follow the standard naming scheme. Encrypted installers are not supported. SEE ALSO
cabextract(1), unshield(1) BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Daniel Scharrer (daniel@constexpr.org) 1.2 2012-04-01 innoextract(1)