Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge all the files in a folder in FIFO order Post 302656325 by unankix on Thursday 14th of June 2012 01:28:56 PM
Old 06-14-2012
Hi,
even for .txt files i am getting error that Stat not found :-( (its not missing the folder name)

---------- Post updated at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:21 PM ----------

Is it possible that STAT is not installed in my system?(i read somewhere that 'to check if STAT is installed')..If it is not installed then can we get the file timestamp and append thatto record?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to find fifo files

I need to be able to recursively find fifo files in a users home directory. What is the best way to do that. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merge two files in ascending order

Hello Friends, I want to merge two files in ascending order on the first field. And if the first field matches sort on 3rd field i.e, TXADDR should come ahead of RXADDR . file1 9 : TXADDR : 00000000 65 : TXDATA 0000000000000011 83 : TXDATA 0000000000000012 453 :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Program execution order like FIFO queue

Hi all: I have a problem with a C++ service runing on solaris 10. This service only set a signal on oracle table. When the service detect a cut off on the line (tcp/ip), trigger a cobol program for set the signal OFF. When the line is on again, the service trigger the same cobol program for set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcastellani
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check how many files in folder or total files in folder

Hi all, I have copied all my files to one folder.and i want to check how many files (count) in the folder recently moved or total files in my folder? please send me the query asap. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasad
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Folder Merge

Hi, I had a folder ABC . Was trying to move it . But the command was randomly stopped by mistake. Now , I have folder ABC in 2 location with different half data at each path . How do I merge both the folders and sub folders into a single one ? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
dh_missing - check for missing files SYNOPSIS
dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing). Please note that without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing. This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream releases. Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the packages are built. FILES
debian/not-installed List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package. Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing. However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool. If you want a tool to not install a given file, please use its --exclude option (where available). dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1). Wildcards without matches will be ignored. OPTIONS
--list-missing Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere. Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about. This is the default in compat 12 and later. --fail-missing This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero exit code. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MISSING(1)