Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows XP keeps getting virus Post 302656249 by samnyc on Thursday 14th of June 2012 11:23:56 AM
Old 06-14-2012
my wife loves to watch movies on the internet (free). When ever she goes to those website, next thing the PC will get full of spyware and adware. I will have over 100 I.E windows open trying to sell me some thing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

do i have a virus???

nice board, makes interesting reading! glad to know im not the only one to have problems!! :D :D last week, our database started to crash (run on unix / solaris) for no apparant reason. the problem seems to be intermiant which lead us to believe it may be a hardware problem causing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus????????

i tought you can;t get virus in unix ? i have some admins buddys that work in bsd all he time and they sayed you can;t get viurs in unix is that true? download.com is putting virux updates out for mac OS X ................ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can linux get a virus on the boot sec from windows? becuse my buddys computer micro trend cmos virus keeps telling him that there is a boot sec virus on my hdd is that possable or is the box being dumb and looking at the linux boot as a virus? it was set up as a windows box not a linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help Virus Attack Windows Oracle Patches.

Hi, Our Network is attacked by Virus. We are currently looking for all Oracle Database/Product (all possible versions) based patches. Kindly let us know from where can we get them. This is a very urgent requirement. With Thanks Vishwa. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

virus help:

:confused: folder option is dissapiaring in tool menu iam formatting c drive after removal of this virus & also regedit is also not opening the messerge say's administrater disabled with out formattiung how ican solve this problem i.e iwant to get folder options& regedit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies
AMAVISD-NEW(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    AMAVISD-NEW(8)

NAME
amavisd-new - Interface between MTA and virus scanner/content filters SYNOPSIS
amavisd-new [ -u userid ] [ -g groupid ] [ -c config-file ]... [ start | stop | reload | debug | debug-sa | foreground ] DESCRIPTION
amavisd is a high-performance interface between message transfer agent (MTA) and virus scanners and/or spam scanners. This is the amavisd-new incarnation of amavisd. It is a performance-enhanced and feature-enriched version of the original amavisd program. Amavisd-new works as a SMTP proxy. Email is fed to it through SMTP, processed, and fed back to the MTA through a new SMTP connection. There is no buffering to disk by amavis, it will report that the transfer was sucessfull only after the forwarding MTA has accepted the message. It is possible to use the sendmail milter interface instead of the SMTP proxy method, as well. OPTIONS
-c configfile Use the specified configuration file instead of using run-parts(8) to find config files in /usr/share/amavis/conf.d and /etc/amavis/conf.d (this is a Debian extension to Amavisd-new). More than one -c option can be specified and the files will be read in the order given. -u userid Try to switch to that user id. -g groupid Try to switch to that group id. start Starts amavisd-new stop Stops a running amavisd-new reload Reloads configuration from config file (may in fact just restart amavisd-new) debug Runs amavisd-new in debug mode debug-sa Runs amavisd-new in spamassassin debug mode foreground Does not fork to background FILES
/etc/amavis/amavisd.conf, /var/lib/amavis, /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/* AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2003-01-01 AMAVISD-NEW(8)