Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Missing menu.lst file in Ubuntu Post 302656091 by rupeshkp728 on Thursday 14th of June 2012 08:36:26 AM
Old 06-14-2012
Thanks radoulov and pludi for the replies.
pludi my linux version is:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
Release: 10.04
Codename: lucid

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

menu.lst, boot options?

Hi all, I would like to have some details on menu.lst!! the reason is ,if i am trying to add my own boot option where do i need to add it? is it in menu.lst only or elsewere(am referring to unix os) because i tried adding a unique boot option and it was not reflected when the system booted?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

/dev/ttyb missing from UBUNTU

HI All I am doing first steps in debugging with GDB. I have been suggested to redirect output to another terminal using the command using tty /dev/ttyb I had a look at my ubuntu doing ls /dev/tty* and I cannot find this ttyb. What is it and how to achieve the same thing? I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

pstack missing from Ubuntu 10.10

Hi All I would like to use the tool "pstack" to get a sample of the stack trace for a process. As far as I understood It seems widely available in all Linux systems, but it is not in Ubuntu 10.10. I tried using apt-get as per some posts in few forum, but it cannot be found in the APT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
9 Replies

5. SuSE

Need to edit the menu.lst so it can work

I am trying to install three OS (Windows VISTA, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Solaris 11 Express) on a single drive of a laptop. However when I go to edit the /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst to put the entry so it can boot the OpenSUSE 11.3 I get errors some of which result into starting all over again. I have also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Need to create a menu.lst for Solaris 11 Express, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Windows Vista

I have partitioned and installed Windows Vista, OpenSUSE and Solaris 11 Express on a LapTop hardDrive. However I am not able to boot OpenSUSE 11.3 although I have it in menu.lst which I put in a Solaris partition directory /rpool/boot/grub. Could someone tell me how to go about it. See what I did... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with UUID replacement in fstab and menu.lst

I am trying to write a small backup application for Linux systems file by file if partitions are created by the user using fdisk. I am facing a problem when I am done with restoring the files. The problem is with UUID mismatch in restored fstab and menu.lst. Using C I could create a partlist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunj
6 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

Help Me edit the menu.lst !

I am trying to install three OS (Windows VISTA, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Solaris 11 Express) on a single drive of a laptop. However when I go to edit the /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst to put the entry so it can boot the OpenSUSE 11.3 I get errors some of which result into starting all over again. I have also... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move a TXT file greater or equal 355 MB with its corresponding .LST file

Good morning, i need your help please I need to move a .TXT file greater or igual 355 MB and its correspondent .LST file in a non recursive way The operating system is: uname -a SunOS server01c 5.10 Generic_144488-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise For example: rw-r--r-- 1 xptol ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies
byobu-janitor(1)						       byobu							  byobu-janitor(1)

NAME
byobu-janitor - script for cleaning and upgrading environment after upgrades SYNOPSIS
byobu-janitor DESCRIPTION
byobu-janitor is script for cleaning environment after upgrades, it consists from several tasks where aim is to ensure that environment is ready for new version of byobu. BUGS
None found, yet. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu-config(1), byobu-export(1), byobu-status(1), byobu-status-detail(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jan Klepek <jan.klepek at gmail.com> and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 6 January 2011 byobu-janitor(1)