Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script with decision making Post 302655943 by vasil on Thursday 14th of June 2012 04:27:10 AM
Old 06-14-2012
Thank you for the quick answer. The script works perfectly.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a SOAP call from within unix shell scripts

Hi guys, Is it possible to make SOAP calls from within Unix shell scripts? I need to access a web service from within UNIX in order to lookup something while I am doing some parsing on a file. Regards, Laud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in making shell script

Dear all Dear Brother I am bit new to programming or shell scripting. I have given one shell script which is regarding combining all the 240 or less files in a particular folderwhich is related to one hour of the day. There will be 24 these kind of folders related to a day . It means there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making file inside shell script

Hi, i have written a shell script and its working fine till now. Now, i have to enhance it with a small updation. i need to make a file inside my file that will contain the below parameters 1) Customer_id 2) Server_id 3) No. Account All the above variables are already been taken in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on decision making...

is_number() { echo $1|egrep '^*$' 2>&1 1>/dev/null return $? }why the following snippet always give an output as "no" and never "yes" whatever the parameter I give to function is_number? if ]; then echo yes; else echo no; fi In addition, the function is_number() is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Handling decision making logic

------- Output Screen -------- Choose the option ----------------- 1.Input 2.Output 3.CFT Uniq x.Exit ----------------- 2 Enter the Output flow IDF PBL5572U Enter the Output existing flow IDF PBL5198H sf_PBL5572U.cmd file exist in invalid path or doesn't exist (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
0 Replies
THESEUS_ALIGN(1)					      General Commands Manual						  THESEUS_ALIGN(1)

NAME
theseus_align - quick-and-dirty way to superimpose proteins SYNOPSIS
theseus_align [theseus options] -f pdbfile1.pdb pdbfile2.pdb ... OPTIONS
The options given to the script will be passed on to theseus. For a complete description, see the man page for theseus (1). DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents briefly the script theseus_align, designed for a quick-and-dirty way to ML superposition proteins with different sequences. It should work very well when the protein sequences are relatively similar, although the ML method will still give much better results than least-squares when the sequences are moderately divergent. Technically, this procedure gives a structure-based superposition of a sequence-based alignment. It does not perform a structure-based alignment. First, the script uses theseus to create FASTA formatted sequence files corresponding to the exact protein sequences found in the pdb files that you supply. Second, these sequences are aligned using the multiple sequence alignment program of your choice. The script can easily be modified for CLUSTALW, T_COFFEE, KALIGN, DIALIGN2, or MAFFT. Any multiple sequence alignment program can be used, as long as it can generate clustal- formatted files. However, I highly recommend Bob Edgar's MUSCLE program for both its speed and accuracy. (For more info see http://www.drive5.com/muscle/ .) Third, theseus performs a superposition of the structures using the sequence alignment as a guide. The installed version of theseus_align uses muscle (1) for doing the multiple sequence alignment. If you wish to use one of the other pro- grams mentioned above, you'll have to copy the script to your own directory and edit it. SEE ALSO
theseus (1), muscle (1), clustalw (1), t_coffee (1), kalign (1), dialign2 (1), mafft (1). All of these programs can be installed on Debian or Ubuntu systems using apt-get (8). AUTHOR
theseus_align was written by Douglas L. Theobald, Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University. November, 2008 THESEUS_ALIGN(1)