Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html Post 302655873 by vivek d r on Thursday 14th of June 2012 02:03:48 AM
Old 06-14-2012
feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format...
the website is of local network...
for example something like this

after a similiar stament is executed the output should give the respose got from opening the link in internet explorer.... i know this question might sound stupid but i just wanted to know since i dont know what is unix capable of... i just know basic shell scripting.... any help would be deeply appreciated....

Last edited by vivek d r; 06-14-2012 at 03:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening non-html files in lynx??

when i try to open a txt file in lynx I need to provide the filename or use wildcards to open. Autocompletion doesn't work for some reason. Also, trying to open files like: .sh, .py etc. ends up in the following error: lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Rewrite rules to change “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc?

Hey! Does anyone know how to create rewrite rules to change: “link.html?hl=en” to “/en/link.html” “link.html?hl=jp” to “/jp/link.html” “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc? Where "link.html" changes based on the page request? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

error opening website

hi I have unusual problem you might say. I can't open microsoft.com , I've checked file hosts located somewhere in windows/system32/drivers .. and its not blocked from there, what else could cause this problem, I need to download microsoft visual studio and I can't cause I can't open the website,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow response from website

Hi, I am experiencing slow response of unix.com from past 3-4 days. like- - most of the time the page does not reload instantly (when I do a manual reload from browser) - not able to view graphics. ( displays only text). - when posting into forum, the page gets stuck for considerably long... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
6 Replies

8. Solaris

man pages in html form

Hi I would like to convert standard online man pages from my solaris10 system into html form to publish it on my webpage. How this can be done in Sol10 ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract/Parse information from html (website)

Hello, I want to extract some informations from a html (website, http://www.energiecontracting.de/7-mitglieder/von-A-Z.php?a_z=B&seite=2 ) file and save those in a predefined format (.csv).. However it seems that the code on that website is kinda messy and I can't find a way to handle it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to alert about a slow link on the website

Hello all, Currently I am using a script with "curl" to get the an alert if 200 ok would not be grepped.and the link is down. is it possible to get an alert mail if a particular link on a website is not completely down but SLOW?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag991
0 Replies
Gtk2::AboutDialog(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Gtk2::AboutDialog(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::AboutDialog - wrapper for GtkAboutDialog HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::Widget +----Gtk2::Container +----Gtk2::Bin +----Gtk2::Window +----Gtk2::Dialog +----Gtk2::AboutDialog INTERFACES
Glib::Object::_Unregistered::AtkImplementorIface Gtk2::Buildable METHODS
widget = Gtk2::AboutDialog->new list = $about->get_artists $about->set_artists ($artist1, ...) o $artist1 (string) o ... (list) list = $about->get_authors $about->set_authors ($author1, ...) o $author1 (string) o ... (list) string or undef = $about->get_comments $about->set_comments ($comments) o $comments (string or undef) string or undef = $about->get_copyright $about->set_copyright ($copyright) o $copyright (string or undef) list = $about->get_documenters $about->set_documenters ($documenter1, ...) o $documenter1 (string) o ... (list) Gtk2::AboutDialog->set_email_hook ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $about->get_license $about->set_license ($license) o $license (string or undef) pixbuf or undef = $about->get_logo string or undef = $about->get_logo_icon_name $about->set_logo_icon_name ($icon_name) o $icon_name (string or undef) $about->set_logo ($logo) o $logo (Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf or undef) string or undef = $about->get_program_name $about->set_program_name ($name) o $name (string or undef) Gtk2->show_about_dialog ($parent, $first_property_name, ...) o $parent (Gtk2::Window or undef) o $first_property_name (string) o ... (list) the rest of a list of name=>property value pairs. A convenience function for showing an application's about box. The constructed dialog is "transient for" $parent and associated with that widget so it's reused for future invocations. The dialog is non-modal and hidden by any response. (This is implemented as a rewrite of "gtk_show_about_dialog" since it's not easy to construct a varargs call to that actual function. The intention is to behave the same though.) string or undef = $about->get_translator_credits $about->set_translator_credits ($translator_credits) o $translator_credits (string or undef) Gtk2::AboutDialog->set_url_hook ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $about->get_version $about->set_version ($version) o $version (string or undef) string or undef = $about->get_website string or undef = $about->get_website_label $about->set_website_label ($website_label) o $website_label (string or undef) $about->set_website ($website) o $website (string or undef) boolean = $about->get_wrap_license Since: gtk+ 2.8 $about->set_wrap_license ($wrap_license) o $wrap_license (boolean) Since: gtk+ 2.8 URL AND EMAIL HOOKS
When setting the website and email hooks for the Gtk2::AboutDialog widget, you should remember that the order is important: you should set the hook functions before setting the website and email URL properties, like this: $about_dialog->set_url_hook(&launch_web_browser); $about_dialog->set_website($app_website); otherwise the AboutDialog will not display the website and the email addresses as clickable. PROPERTIES
'artists' (Glib::Strv : default undef : readable / writable / private) List of people who have contributed artwork to the program 'authors' (Glib::Strv : default undef : readable / writable / private) List of authors of the program 'comments' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) Comments about the program 'copyright' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) Copyright information for the program 'documenters' (Glib::Strv : default undef : readable / writable / private) List of people documenting the program 'license' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) The license of the program 'logo' (Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf : default undef : readable / writable / private) A logo for the about box. If this is not set, it defaults to gtk_window_get_default_icon_list() 'logo-icon-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) A named icon to use as the logo for the about box. 'program-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) The name of the program. If this is not set, it defaults to g_get_application_name() 'translator-credits' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) Credits to the translators. This string should be marked as translatable 'version' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) The version of the program 'website' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) The URL for the link to the website of the program 'website-label' (string : default undef : readable / writable / private) The label for the link to the website of the program. If this is not set, it defaults to the URL 'wrap-license' (boolean : default false : readable / writable / private) Whether to wrap the license text. SIGNALS
boolean = activate-link (Gtk2::AboutDialog, string) SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::Widget, Gtk2::Container, Gtk2::Bin, Gtk2::Window, Gtk2::Dialog COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::AboutDialog(3pm)