Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Start windows application (.bat) from Unix Post 302655733 by joeyg on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 03:50:12 PM
Old 06-13-2012
Maybe a way to cheat the rules

Are you familiar with PC Windows?
Read up on scheduling tasks (accessories, system tools, scheduled tasks)
[note, some versions of windows might be a bit different to get there]

Create a scheduled task to run some 1.bat file
In normal operation, this 1.bat file will do no work

Now, on unix, create a text file of your 1.bat file to run on Windows
ftp it to your PC
Now, at the next scheduled execution, it will run.

Some things to think about:
may want to create a 2.bat
have the last line of 1.bat call 2.bat
but, the 2.bat file deletes the 1.bat file you just moved and ran once
AND, makes the 1.bat into its do-nothing original format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

start windows appl. from unix

Is it possible to start a windows applications such as mail merge in word from a unix machine (sco-unix, digital osf). Why to do this ? Most people known word to create nice documents, but we want to print this documents with our information (name, adresses etc.. like a mailing. This info... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dplancke
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q about windows bat files

Hi, can you run a windows bat file or a VBscript from a shell script? #!/bin/sh PATH=/ $PATH/test.bat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmac
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

6. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file opening multiple IE windows

I'm trying to open multiple IE windows and enter the same text and press <enter> on each. Here's an example with what I have so far. REM Open @echo on start http://10.1.1.1 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password start http://10.1.1.2 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pitt
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
destroy(1T)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       destroy(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
destroy - Destroy one or more windows SYNOPSIS
destroy ?window window ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command deletes the windows given by the window arguments, plus all of their descendants. If a window ``.'' is deleted then the | entire application will be destroyed. The windows are destroyed in order, and if an error occurs in destroying a window the command aborts | without destroying the remaining windows. No error is returned if window does not exist. EXAMPLE
Destroy all checkbuttons that are direct children of the given widget: proc killCheckbuttonChildren {parent} { foreach w [winfo children $parent] { if {[winfo class $w] eq "Checkbutton"} { destroy $w } } } KEYWORDS
application, destroy, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk destroy(1T)