Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename all files (filename with spaces) to different extension Post 302655257 by elixir_sinari on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 03:05:07 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Code:
find /usr/local/data/vstar/report_repository -name "*.xlwa"|while read a
do
 mv "$a" "${a%xlwa}"xls
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files with spaces in filename from one directory to another

Hello, When I run following script #!/bin/bash cd ~/directory1 mv `ls -trF | grep -v / | tail -10 ` ~/directory2 works fine with filenames not having any space but runs into issues with filenames that have spaces tried with $file variable still doesnot work. Can someone help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asakhare
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files with spaces in the filename

Hi I am having difficulty copying files from one dir to another due to a space in the names of the file with an extension .rtf There are a group of files and the command am using is cp `ls -rt /wlblive/home/whiops/ops/RTFs/*.rtf|head -20` /wlblive/home/jamshed Since the files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with spaces in filename

I have a text file containing files in a directory structure i.e. /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_aug03 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/comb8121sep02n /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_feb04_ons /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/corpsick_jun06 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/jcpjoiners200507... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh command to rename all files with no extension

hi! i want to rename all files with no extension with the extension DAT. with this command ls |grep -v "\\." i can list files but i dont know how i am going to rename them.. so i tried FILE_LIST=ls |grep -v "\\." for TEST_FILE in ${FILE_LIST} do mv $TEST_FILE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kouppoua
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files with spaces in the filename in a for loop

Hi all, I've been tangoing with this one for a couple of days now and I'm still not making any progress. Basically I'm trying to match three numbers in a string from a text file with matching numbers in a jpeg, and then copying the results to another folder. Data looks like this: Model:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faceonline
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename multiple files, changing prefix, extension and dropping characters

I'm currently only able to perform some very basic functions, so hope this makes sense... I have a set of about 27 files that need to be renamed from something like this: 000012ABCDEFGHIJ.XXX.YYY.ZZZ 000078KLMNO.XXX.YYY.ZZZ 000099PQ.XXX.YYY.ZZZ to something like this: newa012.abc... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbmcg
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to rename files to files with mv extension?

currently in my directories $ ls -lrth total 32K -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 864 Feb 25 16:01 cor_bin_gateway_cnt.sql -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 782 Feb 25 16:01 mer_bin_gateway_cnt.sql I want to rename files with *.sql to *.mv extension, but when I execute the following $ mv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Multiple data files with spaces in the filename

Hi, I have a list of filenames in the format with Spaces in the filename. As an example : Sample File 1.txt Sample File 2.txt Sample File 3.txt.....I have about 100 files like this. I am trying to create a block of code or use an available command to a) Create a file b) Put in some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ban3rj33
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to rename files repeats previous filename in directory

In the below bash processes substitution, if there are 3 files in a directory /home/cmccabe/medex.logs/analysis.log, the filename variable is set to where these files are located. The code does execute, the problem is that if there is a renamed file in the output directory below, it gets... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)