Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML Code to Run a Script from Remote Unix Host Post 302655123 by robinbannis on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 10:01:46 PM
Old 06-12-2012
HTML Code to Run a Script from Remote Unix Host

Hi All,

Noticed few posts around this but coudnt get exatcly what i wanted. Thanks for your help again.

I have a script running on a remote machine and i normally ssh from putty and run the script manually.

Is there anyway that i can write an HTML Code with a button so taht when I Click on a Button it will start the Script.

Can we pass arguments from HTML page? eg:- this Script has a Parameter, i would like to pass that from HTML page..

Did i ask this question in a right forum ?

Regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host?

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host? Assume that there is a remote host called "rhost". When I connect to that host i give the command "telnet rhost". It then asks me for my id and password. Once i give it connects there. I want to automate these steps. I want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a script on remote host

Hi, I wish to run a script located on a remote host machineB from machineA. I am using ssh and running the below on machineA. However, the ssh does not seem to work and freezes at ssh -l wlsadmin machineB -v Sun_SSH_1.1.2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me using expect script for remote host

I am newbie in Unix and Expect script, so please help me :( I'm using expect script for remote another host: #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 10 spawn ssh -l root 10.120.18.4 expect "password:" send "password\r" expect "@" interact And now how can i use expect script for access mysql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wormym
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a shell script on a remote host using ftp

Hi, is there a way I can run a shell script through ftp on a remote host? The remote host doesn't have ssh running so I can't use ssh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on remote host

Hi friends, I have two servers. Server A and B. I want to run one script on server A by logging in to server B. Can anyone provide me code for this.? I tried it by using following ssh username@serverA ./script Then it prompt me the password. I give correct password of the server A. but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last part of script to remote host not working...

Hi, I got most of the script working, last part which does the ssh to remote and execute the command not working. for SSH in ${HostList}; do echo ${SSH} echo "" SSH2SEND=ssh user@${SSH} curl -v $URL echo $SSH2SEND done error message I am getting ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run awk command on remote host

I have below command to check for error logs from last 24 hours from the file : /var/log/messages/ The command is working fine on the local host. sudo awk -F - -vDT="$(date --date="24 hours ago" "+%b %_d %H:%M:%S")" ' DT < $1' /var/log/messages | egrep -i "error|fail" I want to run the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
javascript(3tcl)					  HTML and Java Script Generation					  javascript(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
javascript - Procedures to generate HTML and Java Script structures. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require javascript ?1.0.2? ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ::javascript package provides commands that generate HTML and Java Script code. These commands typically return an HTML string as their result. In particular, they do not output their result to stdout. ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? Construct HTML code to create a dual-multi-selection megawidget. This megawidget consists of two side-by-side multi-selection boxes separated by a left arrow and a right arrow button. The right arrow button moves all items selected in the left box to the right box. The left arrow button moves all items selected in the right box to the left box. The id argument is the suffix of all HTML objects in this megawidget. The leftLabel argument is the text that appears above the left selection box. The leftValueList argu- ment is the values of items in the left selection box. The leftNameList argument is the names to appear in the left selection box. The rightLabel argument is the text that appears above the right selection box. The rightValueList argument is the values of items in the right selection box. The rightNameList argument is the names to appear in the right selection box. The length argument (optional) determines the number of elts to show before adding a vertical scrollbar; it defaults to 8. The minWidth argument (optional) is the number of spaces to determine the minimum box width; it defaults to 32. ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value Create an HTML submit button that resets a hidden field for each registered multi-selection box. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg Create an HTML submit button that prompts the user with a continue/cancel shutdown warning before the form is submitted. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. The msg argument is the message to display when the button is pressed. ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean Create an HTML button that sets its slave checkboxs to the boolean value. The master argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The value argument is the value of the master. The slaves argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. The boolean argument is the java script boolean value that will be given to all the slaves; it must be "true" or "false". ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its child checkbox. If the parent is unchecked, the child is automatically unchecked. The parentName argument is the name of parent html checkbox object to create. The childName argument is the name of the parent's child html checkbox object. ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its parent checkbox. If the child is checked, the parent is automatically checked. The parentName argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The childName argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category javascript of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
html, ncgi KEYWORDS
checkbox, html, javascript, selectionbox, submitbutton CATEGORY
CGI programming javascript 1.0.2 javascript(3tcl)