Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wish to use shell variable in xml file, is it possible? Post 302654373 by cfajohnson on Monday 11th of June 2012 05:35:00 PM
Old 06-11-2012
Why do you need to do this?

Whoever starts the executable is, by definition, the current user.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Programming

Accessing environmet variable in xml file

Hi I have certain environmenet variables defined in .profile: export DBNAME="mydb" export DBHOST="devbox.us.abc.com" export DBPORT="1111" export PASSWORD="mypwd" export MMUSER="myid" I also have an xml file defined like: <CONFIG> <DEFAULTS operator="oraread"> <PROPERTY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from xml file is failing can't open variable

Created a korn shell script, everything is is working except this section, the variable $SYSINFO is being set, but the NASIP & NASDEV are failing, it appears to be treating the config.xml file config directory and xml as the file. Need a second set of eyes to tell me where I am messing up. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanb25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to pull a variable out of an xml file...

Hello. I'm new to *ix and am trying to pull a variable or two from an xml document. The document is in the format: <name>7_3(A).mov</name> <description>Some description from a file</description> <updatename>7_3_A.mov</updatename> <updatepath>Dailies Released</updatepath> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renfield
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
APPARMOR_PARSER(8)						     AppArmor							APPARMOR_PARSER(8)

NAME
apparmor_parser - loads AppArmor profiles into the kernel SYNOPSIS
apparmor_parser [-adrR] [--add] [--debug] [--replace] [--remove] [--preprocess] [--Include n] [--base n] [ --Complain ] apparmor_parser [-hv] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
apparmor_parser is used to import new apparmor.d(5) profiles into the Linux kernel. The profiles restrict the operations available to processes by executable name. The profiles are loaded into the Linux kernel by the apparmor_parser program, which takes its input from standard input. The input supplied to apparmor_parser should be in the format described in apparmor.d(5). OPTIONS
-a, --add Insert the AppArmor definitions given into the kernel. This is the default action. This gives an error message if a AppArmor definition by the same name already exists in the kernel, or if the parser doesn't understand its input. It reports when an addition succeeded. -r, --replace This flag is required if an AppArmor definition by the same name already exists in the kernel; used to replace the definition already in the kernel with the definition given on standard input. -R, --remove This flag is used to remove an AppArmor definition already in the kernel. Note that it still requires a complete AppArmor definition as described in apparmor.d(5) even though the contents of the definition aren't used. -p, --preprocess Parse the profile(s) and process include directives and output the result to stdout. -I n, --Include n Add element n to the search path when resolving #include directives defined as an absolute paths. -b n, --base n Set the base directory for resolving #include directives defined as relative paths. -C, --Complain Load the profile in complain mode. -h, --help Give a quick reference guide. -v, --version Print the version number and exit. -d, --debug Given once, only checks the profiles to ensure syntactic correctness. Given twice, dumps its interpretation of the profile for checking. BUGS
None known. If you find any, please report them to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), subdomain.conf(5), change_hat(2), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2007-04-11 APPARMOR_PARSER(8)