Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to recover deleted file in Solaris? Post 302654103 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 11th of June 2012 08:51:43 AM
Old 06-11-2012
it depends... if you've snapshots/backups you can recover the file. if not, the file is gone.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Recover a deleted file in SOLARIS

Anybody know how to recover a deleted file in unix Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover deleted file in unix

hi after using rm command how to recover the deleted file (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
7 Replies

5. Solaris

how to recover from deleted etc in solaris 9

Recently our Server Room got burnt and we lost everything including a sunfire V880 server. I had a backup and restored it on our 2nd server. I mistakenly restored the etc folder from the burnt server too. After rebooting the 2nd server I can't get the root directory and other volumes mounting. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
11 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Recover deleted partition

Hi, I have got 2 hdds (2x Seagate 7200.12, 500GB). I had two RAID volumes on them: 1: 100GB RAID0 (strip) 2: ~415GB RAID1 (mirror) due to problems with matrix I removed RAID0 and RAID1 - i thougth that all data from RAID1 would be available. Unfortunately it is not. On 1 disk I set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover deleted file?

Hi All By mistake i have deleted some file in a directory, is there any way to get it back in Unix( i am using sh ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies
backintime-gnome(1)						   USER COMMANDS					       backintime-gnome(1)

NAME
backintime-gnome - a simple backup tool for Gnome. SYNOPSIS
backintime-gnome [ [--snapshots] path | --backup | --backup-job | --snapshots-path | --snapshots-list | --snapshots-list-path | --last-snapshot | --last-snapshot-path | --help | --version | --license ] DESCRIPTION
Back In Time is a simple backup tool for Linux. This is the Gnome version. For more information about Back In Time see backintime man page. If you want to run it as root you need to use 'gksu'. OPTIONS
path go directly to the specified file/folder -s, --snapshots show snapshots dialog for the specified path (only if there is no other dialog displayed) -b, --backup take a snapshot now (if needed) --backup-job take a snapshot (if needed) depending on schedule rules (used for cron jobs) --snapshots-path display path where is saves the snapshots (if configured) --snapshots-list display the list of snapshot IDs (if any) --snapshots-list-path display the paths to snapshots (if any) --last-snapshot display last snapshot ID (if any) --last-snapshot-path display the path to the last snapshot (if any) -h, --help display a short help -v, --version show version --license show license SEE ALSO
backintime, backintime-kde4. Back In Time also has a website: http://backintime.le-web.org AUTHOR
This manual page was written by BIT Team(<bit-team@lists.launchpad.net>). version 1.0.10 Mars 2009 backintime-gnome(1)