Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment date in Automation of backup jobs Post 302654007 by rjvl on Monday 11th of June 2012 06:31:13 AM
Old 06-11-2012
Increment date in Automation of backup jobs

I am writing a shell script to make datapump backups automated in Oracle database.Can you help me how to change the date in the dump and log file to the next day?

expdp system/test@Database dumpfile=expdp_database_11Jun2012 -`date '+%d%m%Y'`.dmp directory=datapump_database logfile=expdp_database_11June2012.log`date '+%d%m%Y'`.log full=y

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in 'for' loop?

Hi Guys, My first post..:) Right...I want to move existing files (with some date in their name) currently in $mainftp, to $mainfolder/$foldate/system1. I'd like to be able to increment date in the for loop? Is this possible or should I use a different technique. The script return the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automation of Informatica jobs using Unix

1.How will you do automation of Informatica jobs using Unix ? 2. How u run workflow from Unix? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamesh83
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we increment or decrement a date value?

export a=`date` a=`expr $a + 1` Is it possible? if not how can i increment or decrement a date variable? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in script

Hi, Iam new to scripting language.:o can someone help me out solving this thread?hopingly ya....:) I want to write a script which connects to db and searches the count in a table which has date column and id column. If the count is not equal to 0 then it should increment the date with the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment

hi Friends, Today_Dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"` So the Today date is 2010-05-03 I have a file which has date values as below 2010-04-27 2010-04-02 2010-04-18 2010-04-28 2010-04-29 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment logic

Hi all, I need to increment date at run time. Example: I need to write a shell script with two parameters. 1. country code like (US,UK, IND.....) 2. Date range from_date to to_date (20070101 to 20070331) I need to run shell script like this country_info.sh US 20070101 20070331 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmreddy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Urgent for date increment

hi all, i would like to increment the date variable i am using for((i=20190731;i<=20190801;i++)) do done after 20190731 it should be 20190801 but this taking as 20190732,20190733.... kindly help me to solve this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathaban
3 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)