Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Not able to extend ZFS file system Post 302653887 by fpmurphy on Monday 11th of June 2012 01:33:58 AM
Old 06-11-2012
The user asked for this thread to be closed and so it is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can not extend a JFS file system

Hi, I am getting an error message when i try to increase the size of a filesystems under AIX 4.3.3: chfs: 0506-932 Can not extend a JFS file system with nbpi = 4096 and frag = 4096 past 134217728 (512 byte blocks). -> Characteristics Journaled File System ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Can
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable To Extend the Size of a Logical Volume File System

Background: # uname -a HP-UX deedee B.11.23 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license deedee.rsn.hp.com:/ # bdf /opt Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol6 6553600 6394216 158144 98% /opt /opt is almost full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Patching on ZFS file-system

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (Update-7). This is having ZFS file-system and 10 sparse-root zones are there. I want to install Solaris-10 recommended patch cluster on it, but not sure, how to go ahead with procedure. I want to patch one side of the mirror and keep intact another side safe in case of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

I have Solaris-10 server running ZFS file-system. ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01 is one of the non global zone. I wanted to increase a /ttms/prod file-system of zone, which is actually /zone/ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01/ttms/prod on global server. I have added a new disk of 9 GB, which is emcpower56a and now I can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
16 Replies

8. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to extend file system

Hi, I have inherited this AIX 5.3 host. I'm unable to increase the /usr file system. It gives me this error. What needs to be done to remove this error? vios:/home/padmin$ chfs -a size=+128M /usr 0516-304 lquerypv: Unable to find device id 0002ef4df616f9690000000000000000 in the Device ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn888
14 Replies

10. Solaris

Extend zfs storage filesystem

Hello, Need to ask the question regarding extending the zfs storage file system. currently after using the command, df -kh u01-data-pool/data 600G 552 48G 93% /data /data are only 48 gb remaining and it has occupied 93% for total storage. zpool u01-data-pool has more then 200 gb... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahzad53
14 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)