Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Portsnap in FreeBSD7.4
Operating Systems BSD Portsnap in FreeBSD7.4 Post 302653389 by AnbuBlack on Friday 8th of June 2012 06:00:07 PM
Old 06-08-2012
You can try csup to obtain the tree ports:
Code:
# csup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

but first edit that supfile to change the mirror with one close to your location.

If You have problem with network , try to reconfigure with ifconfig.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 _ installing

About more half one part during installing my FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 , some thing wrong happened : "unable to open the packages files /INDEX selected from you media" so what should I do ,just tell me the way to deal with the problem ,thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magic_dk
1 Replies

2. BSD

FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 installing

about more half one part during installing my FreeBSD7.0_BETA4 ,some thing wrong happened : "unable to open the packages files /INDEX selected from you media" so what should I do ,just tell me the way to deal with the problem ,thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magic_dk
1 Replies

3. BSD

FreeBSD7.4 Ports Collections

Hi, During OS installation of FreeBSD7.4/i386 I missed to include ports collection. Now when I try with sysinstall command via ftp servers avaliable in tha list it says "unable to open ftp connection. Error:0" Could You Please suggest me the exact site wher I can get ports collection via FTP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
KDE-BUILD(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      KDE-BUILD(1)

NAME
kde-build - Updates and recompiles a tree of KDE CVS modules SYNOPSIS
kde-build DESCRIPTION
kde-build has been designed to keep a local copy of several KDE CVS modules up to date and recompile them. Those modules have to be saved in a common directory, e.g. something like ~/kde-src/ | +-> kdelibs/ | +-> kdebase/ | -> kdenetwork/ In this case, the KDE source directory would be ~/kde-src/. The script will take care of compiling them in the correct order, checks for dependencies and resolves them as far as possible. Please not that, prior to first invokation of the script, the configuration file 'kde-buildrc' has to be modified to reflect the local environment, such as paths etc. RETURN VALUE
The following error codes are returned by the script. 0 - No error seems to have occured. 1 - The script could not change into the directory of a module. 2 - The script could not open the file 'Makefile.in' of a module. 3 - The configuration of a module failed. 4 - The compilation of a module failed. 5 - The installation of a module failed. 6 - An invalid source directory was specified. 7 - An invalid Qt directory was specified. 8 - An invalid CVS client was specified. 9 - No cvsup server was specified. 10 - The temporary CVSUP configuration file couldn't be created. 11 - The configuration file kde-buildrc couldn't be loaded. EXAMPLES
cd ~/scripts/; vi ./kde-buildrc; ./kde-build BUGS
Lots, mostly that the script wasn't written with portability in mind and therefore won't run very nice on platforms other than Linux. TODO
Add a DIAGNOSIS section to this man page. AUTHOR
Frerich Raabe <raabe@kde.org> 3rd Berkeley Distribution perl v5.6.1 KDE-BUILD(1)