Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attach message at runtime
Top Forums Programming attach message at runtime Post 302653317 by chercheur857 on Friday 8th of June 2012 04:15:07 PM
Old 06-08-2012
Quote:
Why can't you just modify your original program to send headers?
i have juste the executable so i can't modify my original program

Quote:
But, if it's not your program, how do you know it calls send() once for per data item? What if it packs ten into one send()? Then you'll have to actually process the data yourself in your fake send() call, inserting 10 headers.
i'd like to use for example a library linked to my program , if there is a send or a receive it will redirect it and attach the couple

i want to do like that (i found it in a research)
Quote:
Therefore, we have developed a library which is dynamically loaded by each job using the library interposition mechanism available on Linux
systems during job submission. This mechanism works by initializing the LD PRELOAD environment variable with the desired shared library. Once submitted, all the job are dynamically linked against this library, and all communication-related system calls are redirected. In the used library we
currently redirect all the send() and receive() requests in
order to attach/extract the couple transparently and save it .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. AIX

Printers.hpJetDirect.attach

Can someone email me a copy of this file? Our AIX 5 cds are at our hotsite and I need a copy to try a fix on a printer. flyingdutchman1978@gmail.com Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: schism25
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

attach 2 files using mailx

if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can not attach using mailx

hi I know this topic has been discussed a lot in the forum but still couldnt get a exact solution to problem i am facing I have a CSV file genertaed on Unix box and want to be sent to my email . mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" < 1.csv cat 1.csv | mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Update on attach

Hi All, Can any-one explain me how update on attach works on solaris zones. Here is the situation . I am trying to migrate a zones xx-xxx-xxx from Global zone A to Global zone B. Here is the error message zoneadm is displaying zoneadm: zone 'xx-xx-xxx': ERROR: attempt to downgrade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

7. Programming

attach is not a member of ofstream

Hi, Code written in C++ got compiled successfully using Sun 4.2 Compiler on Solaris 6. As part of migration, i am using same code and trying to compile using Sun 5.8 C++ compiler(Sun Studio11) on Solaris 10 and could not compile the below line, outStr.attach(1); // here outStr is declared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

xm block-attach

Hi guys. I'm studding XEN virtualization with 'The Book Of XEN'. in page 46 it has a statement about how to use xm block-attach command that I don't understand. here is the command: xm block-attach 0 tap:aio:/opt/xen/anthony.img /dev/xvda1 w 0and here is sentence: we are attaching anthony.img... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Metadevice Too Small To Attach

Hi All, I am having trouble with my metadevices and I hope someone can help. when i try to attach my submirror i get the following error: root@xxxx>metattach d31 d21 metattach: tbair1: d21: submirror too small to attach root@xxxx> However, There is a submirror on the other disk which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-Train
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)