Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ Exception class missing?
Top Forums Programming C++ Exception class missing? Post 302653107 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of June 2012 11:58:37 AM
Old 06-08-2012
That code was written for Microsoft Windows in Visual C++ 6, and Microsoft compilers and libraries tend to have many nonstandard features and extensions. Portably-written code will usually compile in a Microsoft compiler, but programmers who don't know better can make code written in Microsoft compilers very hard to port. Things like this:

Code:
for(int i=0; i<10; i++) { ... }

Declaring variables inside a for-loop like this used to be a nonstandard feature, and caused many headaches for programmers trying to port code written in Visual C++.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

7. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

8. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

10. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies
Info::Layer3::Microsoft(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Info::Layer3::Microsoft(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Microsoft - SNMP Interface to L3 Microsoft Windows router AUTHOR
begemot SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $router = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $router->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Microsoft Routers running Microsoft Windows OS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP Overrides $router->vendor() Returns 'microsoft' $router->os() Returns 'windows' $router->os_ver() Returns '' $router->model() Returns 'Windows Router' $router->serial() Returns '' Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $router->interfaces() Map the Interfaces to their physical names. Adds interface number to interface name because identical interface cards return identical "ifDescr". Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Microsoft(3pm)