Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Protocol Jokes (Lame)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Protocol Jokes (Lame) Post 302652821 by TUX servers on Thursday 7th of June 2012 09:09:07 PM
Old 06-07-2012
Bug Protocol Jokes (Lame)

I have a UDP joke but i don't know if you will get it:
Quote:
A DHCP discover packet is standing on the street corner. he says hello hello hello.
Also, I have a TCP joke and i know you will get it.

Quote:
An IPV6 packet walks in a bar nobody talks to him.
Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lame php question

When do PHP variables/objects vanish? Say, I have a database structure in index.php, I called connect(). Then I sent the user another page, say index2.php. Should I create a fresh database structure and call connect() again, or is there a way around this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)