Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba 3.6.5 install problems
Operating Systems Solaris Samba 3.6.5 install problems Post 302652577 by vbe on Thursday 7th of June 2012 10:15:50 AM
Old 06-07-2012
Hey Matty, did you manage with version 3.5 to auth throught AD?
Im trying to understand (not clear to me...) the reason you upgraded...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba PROBLEMS

i am run SUSE 6.4 with apache that i built and maintain to serve my dads website, (www.farragutmarine.com for anyone who cares) anyway i am running samba and i have a huge problem, throughout the day, everything goes fine, but then my server will come to a grinding halt, if i try to telnet in or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Install Samba

Hello Can someone help how to install samba on aix 5.3, I go to tha samba page and i download two files opt-samba-base.tar.gz opt-samba-3.0.28-AIX5.tar.gz and I read the readme file but there is a file that miss and I dont know if I need to do this necessary "You can now verify... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Samba install on AIX 5.2

Ok I'm still trying to figure AIX out, I was used to HP-UX until they switched our server to AIX in February and all of the other servers are Linux which appears to be much more friendly. AIX is, well, NOT. I am trying to install Samba so I can copy files onto a Windows SQL server - that's all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rball
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba: Install w/o Root

I've had some recent success compiling some simple programs to my home directory without root access (wget, screen, less). My Question is this: Can I compile a complex program like Samba WITHOUT root access to my home directory? Or are the multiple library dependencies going to cause an issue?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba pre-install questions.

Greetings, I hope this is the right forum. I am looking to install Samba on my Linux box on my home network. I'm pretty sure I can deal with the how, I'm just not certain of the what. ok I'm using Debian lenny with no GUI. I have apt working and I've successfully installed and used one package... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

7. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

8. Solaris

samba error after install with pkgadd

Hello this is samiulla. i face this issue. i installed samba with pkgadd after i install i add paths for that. -bash-3.00# echo $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin/ -bash-3.00# when enter this commad smbd -D i got this error smbd -D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Baffled by problems with ssh and samba

I have made a complete botch of trying to install both ssh and samba, having followed numerous tutorials - all claiming to be easy to follow and stating that it is easy. The last attempt @ ssh was going really well until the copy id stage roy@roy-1011PX:~$ ssh-copy-id -i /home/roy/.ssh/id_dsa.pub... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
8 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)